2-Deeps 2010

I also would enjoy a power back formation with maybe hoese blocking for rengel in some situations, we need a bruiser, maybe rengel could a like a toby gerhart from stanford, just dreaming haha dont worry about dpodoll lakebison, he hates the world

I actually think there is a better than 50% chance you see Stoudamire at CB next season. My reasoning is simple: (1) Troy does not have great ball skills. He is good once he has the ball in his hands but he does not adjust to passes well, and doesn't have reliable hands. (2) I think Bryant Allen will take over the slot. They have similar skill sets (as far as being good with the ball in their hands) and Allen's a better natual receiver. (3) Troy is a tougher player than some might think, he is a terrific gunner and a solid tackler.

I actually think there is a better than 50% chance you see Stoudamire at CB next season. My reasoning is simple: (1) Troy does not have great ball skills. He is good once he has the ball in his hands but he does not adjust to passes well, and doesn't have reliable hands. (2) I think Bryant Allen will take over the slot. They have similar skill sets (as far as being good with the ball in their hands) and Allen's a better natual receiver. (3) Troy is a tougher player than some might think, he is a terrific gunner and a solid tackler.

I could see that

I would like to see Hoese or Edwards at Tailback, and either Rengel or Marish at Fullback. Run out of the I. Our tailbacks are too small, have no power, and cannot punish anyone. They go down from arm tackles. I further would like a flanker be it Stoudemier or Eskridege. Able to block, run, and catch. Even throw. Now the offensive Line. I want three pistons. I do not want anyone over 6' 4" I want leverage, great expolsion, ablity to beat any DT combination we face. They must drive the line of scrimmage forward. It takes those who can squat at least 600, Hang/Clean 350, I would also like a measure of 10 yard times on all players. Also pro agility drill. These three must meet the critera. Burris could, now who else? Two candidates must be found.
The tightend must be able to block. He must be able to seal the end, block linebackers, block cornerbacks, safeties. He must be able to block. Size here would be a factor as we want this player to control the middle of the field in our passing game. He must be able to get deep 15-18 yards in under 2.5 seconds. Again, 10 yard times, squat, and hang clean a prerequiste. I think my candidate is Hageman. Now the tackles, you must be able to move your feet, I would look at some who fell short of the piston standards. You must be able to drive, retreat, punch, and ride a player around the pocket. Again foot speed. Gjere, Olson, Wynn, and Henderson. No fat boys need apply. Thats' you Wills, and you Alford. If we don't have it, Coach Hill must build it. This cadre needs to be in place for the voluntary drills in January. The recievers, again must block, catch, and run after the catch. These players need to be quick, again 10 yard time. The passes will be thrown 15 yards down field. Outs, diggs, slants. If you are a reciever in this offense and fail to block or catch you will sit. I don't care how highly rated you are. All recievers will work on hand eye co-ordination in the off season. I would like them juggling, playing ping pong. And catching tennis balls out of juggs gun.

That leaves the QB postion. All you will need to do is show you can call the correct audible. We will script the plays. Review the next series on the sidelines. You can wear a wrist band. You must be excellent ball handler including quick pitches, option pitches, and play action. You must be able to roll out. You must throw accurately, and we will rate that on how many throws are on time and hit the reciever either at the spot or in stride. Any catch that takes the reciever off stride, out off bounds or misses completely is a miss. We will throw the ball only 18-20 times a game so we expect our QB to be able to hit the mark at least 12 times, if we complete 15 through the dedication of our recievers all the better. If you are going to be the QB you will be measured by these standards. I don't think Weber has shown the ability to meet the standard, and Gray, Moses, anyone else?

Don't sleep on Wills. Even out of shape, when he was able to just drive block, he did some serious pancaking. I predict that he will be a beast next season. I hope Burris can go back to guard. I really like his mean streak.

Whaley should also continue to improve. I'd like to see what he could do with 15 or more carries.

Theret and Royston might add 5-10, but they both have speed issues to begin with so too much weight might be a bad idea.
The redshirts are very exciting, and Brewster has to his credit been patient with some of the most talented guys, allowing them to mature a year before hitting the field.

Cooper, Jacobs, Wilhite, Hageman, Garin, KGM, Keise, Kerry Lewis, Singleton, Maresh all could have contributed their true freshmen years, but they also have a better shot at becoming stars now that they have redshirted.

Don't sleep on Hageman/KGM/Garin, Keise, K. Lewis, or Singleton contributing alot or even starting at some point next year.

Man we are set with a speedy front 7 for the next 2-3 years.

Fire Brewster? :D

Top Bottom