1st football played!

MKE_Gopher

Reaction score
Sid Harman is reporting today in the strib that Larry Fitzgerald and the other NFL wideouts that are training with him here worked out on the field at TCF yesterday and they all loved the stadium and the field.

wcco showed all the guys on the field, and also talked to some of them about training, but not about the stadium.

On a different news cast Chris Carter did talk about the stadium. He basically said "it's very nice" but then commented on how the Gophers can't compete with the facilities at Michigan and Ohio State. He then said how his son plays at Ohio State and how the U's faciliteis can't compete with "The Horseshoe".

While what he said is technically true in most ways, it was still annoying to hear him say it while he was standing on our brand new beautiful field answering a question from a local reporter about TCF Bank Stadium. The reporter did not ask how it compared to Ohio State's stadium.

Truth be told: I never could stand Chris Carter. Haha.

On a different news cast Chris Carter did talk about the stadium. He basically said "it's very nice" but then commented on how the Gophers can't compete with the facilities at Michigan and Ohio State. He then said how his son plays at Ohio State and how the U's faciliteis can't compete with "The Horseshoe".

While what he said is technically true in most ways, it was still annoying to hear him say it while he was standing on our brand new beautiful field answering a question from a local reporter about TCF Bank Stadium. The reporter did not ask how it compared to Ohio State's stadium.

Truth me told: I never could stand Chris Carter. Haha.

I'm glad I didn't see it. GAG ME.

What a sphincter. Should have grabbed him by the scruff of the neck, dragged him to the bus depot, and given him his choice of a bus ticket to Ann Arbor or Columbus.

It takes a first class dick to come into our new stadium and talk trash out it. He's more than welcome to be outside of our stadium.

100% Sour grapes. He's a Buckeye through and through.

It probably got a little annoying to Carter and Laurinaitis to have maroon and gold M's flying around all over the place while they were working out. It's not like he can say... "Man, my son should have committed here instead. This is way nicer than what OSU has."

He said what he has to say. But the fact that he had to say it is proof that in the back of his head, he wonders if TCF isn't the home of the Big Ten's newest powerhouse. This is why I enjoy his comment. If that's what he really belived he would have said nothing about OSU and Michigan. :)

Chris Carter did talk

Is he smokin the weed again. Bigger is not better every time. Look at his ego, huge but he is a first class ass

It probably got a little annoying to Carter and Laurinaitis to have maroon and gold M's flying around all over the place while they were working out. It's not like he can say... "Man, my son should have committed here instead. This is way nicer than what OSU has."

He said what he has to say. But the fact that he had to say it is proof that in the back of his head, he wonders if TCF isn't the home of the Big Ten's newest powerhouse. This is why I enjoy his comment. If that's what he really belived he would have said nothing about OSU and Michigan. :)

That's kind of what I thought too. I think he thought it was pretty sweet, and was a bit defensive about it when asked to compare to OSU.

This is exactly what I was thinking. We're the sleeping giants of the Big Ten and he probably knows it. Maybe experiencing TCF and seeing how things are trending with our program reminded him that there is a possibility that we CAN be on the same level as tOSU. But even if he's naive to that, you can still read between the lines and tell that it is as nice if not nicer, albeit a little smaller than Ohio Stadium.

Oh yea

I thought Larry and his old man did not like the U? Did the camp pay to use the facility or was it freeeeeeee.

I agree....I think he's probably quite envious of what we have here....otherwise there would be no point in comparing to Ohio State or Michigan's stadiums....aside from capacity...there is no way those 2 stadiums are nearly as nice as TCF or state of the art !!

Well Cris if that was the case why don't you go train at "The Horseshoe." Yeah I know your there as part of a "camp" but have some class. That's just wrong.

What Goldmember said...:clap:

Sounds like Carter doesn't want to have any boys going to the U of M over OSU, does he...:pig:!

Nice! I like a little anti-OSU venting. We dont get enough of that around here. :)

Im sick of the usual suspects: wisky, Iowa, NDSU
What does that say about the direction of the program??

I like, I like.

Cris Carter, though great, was an awful teammate on some Viking teams that should have been Super Bowl champs. Ask Mike Morris about him. The guy epitomized selfishness.

Cris Carter, though great, was an awful teammate on some Viking teams that should have been Super Bowl champs. Ask Mike Morris about him. The guy epitomized selfishness.

Morris talked to our high school team 6 or 7 years ago, he had very good things to say about Randy Moss, on the subject of Chris Carter as a teammate he said "he was a great football player, lets leave it at that"

I'd ask other players about Mike Morris.

Morris talked to our high school team 6 or 7 years ago, he had very good things to say about Randy Moss, on the subject of Chris Carter as a teammate he said "he was a great football player, lets leave it at that"

I had heard that too. At one time, we had a family friend who was connected to the Vikings and at a Christmas party, she and her husband implied that Carter wasn't exactly the best teammate. She didn't get into specifics and neither did her husband, a Vikings player at the time. But I definitely got the feeling that there was some tension there.

Anyhow, he was definitely a great receiver. As to the rest of it, I'm not sure.

Top Bottom