Law_Abiding_Gopher

10th Year Senior
Reaction score
For all intensive purposes tomorrow will be an old school beatdown. Only a short 17 years ago we brought the Axe home from Madison. This Gopher fan can dream that this scene will play out again tomorrow, minus the ridiculous uniforms.

Attachments

• OQXQFKOJJAFYBED_20060628192843.jpg
    OQXQFKOJJAFYBED_20060628192843.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 48

I was there! First and only game in Madison for me. The crowd was stunned. If I recall it was their homecoming and the prior year was Barry's first Rose Bowl. It was the lone bright spot of my otherwise Wacker-tainted tenure as a student season ticket holder at the U.

great win. I was at work and a friend who is a big badger fan was really pissed off when I went up to him and asked," how's the game going? His response," FU" I left with a smile on my face. I guess, it still makes me smile!

I was there! First and only game in Madison for me. The crowd was stunned. If I recall it was their homecoming and the prior year was Barry's first Rose Bowl. It was the lone bright spot of my otherwise Wacker-tainted tenure as a student season ticket holder at the U.

I was there too! Man that was a great time! I was a student then and went down with a couple of roomates who were from Sun Prairie! I remember getting booed at a karaoke bar after the game not only for my bad singing but for yelling, Go Gophers!

For all intensive purposes tomorrow will be an old school beatdown. Only a short 17 years ago we brought the Axe home from Madison. This Gopher fan can dream that this scene will play out again tomorrow, minus the ridiculous uniforms.
I only know this because, like you, I said and heard it wrong for years. The phrase is "for all intents and purposes."

Lone bright spot? what about the victory in the Dome the prior year? Beating Bucky with 30,000 Badger fans in attendance handing Bucky their only loss that season was awesome.

Lone bright spot? what about the victory in the Dome the prior year? Beating Bucky with 30,000 Badger fans in attendance handing Bucky their only loss that season was awesome.

Yep that was awesome too. I guess there were a few bright spots. Watching Chris Darkins run wild many times was also enjoyable.

Top Bottom