1981 Minnesota vs Oregon State football DVD

stonehands4

Reaction score
Came across a old vhs tape from 1981 which had the Minnesota Gophers vs Oregon State Beavers. Hohensee lites up the Beavers for five td in this one. Played in a rainstorm and ABC had some technical difficulties so taping was picked up early in the second quarter with Minnesota leading 6 to 3. Picture and sound quality is good. If anyone is interested I am tranfering it to DVD. Contact me through email at [email protected] Also would be interested in any old Gopher games from the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

I was 11 at the time. It was my first and only game at Memorial Stadium. I went with my family and remember the rain vividly. I left thinking the Gophers were the best team in the country.

Was this the year that the gophers ended up beating both of the teams that ended up in the Rose Bowl?

Was this the year that the gophers ended up beating both of the teams that ended up in the Rose Bowl?

You might be thinking of '77. We beat Washington and Michigan that year and I think they were both in the Rose Bowl. Anyone?

You might be thinking of '77. We beat Washington and Michigan that year and I think they were both in the Rose Bowl. Anyone?

You are correct about 1977. I don't know if the same thing happened in another season (beating 2 Rose Bowl bound teams). Highly unlikely, but great trivia if true.

Stonehands.....

....if you have a little time once you load it onto DVD, consider uploading it
on Youtube. I have some old VHS games that I hope to get to someday to do that with.

Top Bottom