1977 Minnesota vs Michigan football game

stonehands4

Reaction score
I now have a complete game copy of the Gophers upset of number 1 ranked Michigan that was played on October 22, 1977 at Memorial Stadium. The hardest part was finding a film of the game since the U only had the offensive plays of the second half. This gamefilm is in color. Nice viewing since it is shot up closer than regular game film. I had to have the film spliced and then sent away to transfer from 16mm film to digital format so I could transfer it to DVD. I have alot of cash tied up in this project and time, and I am hoping that the funds I raise on this project will help me bring other Gopher games from the past to life. If anyone has interest in obtaining a copy of the film contact me at [email protected] Our defense played great that day and best play is when Marion Barber scores the only TD of the game and sprints to the Gopher bench. GO GOPHERS!!!!!

Where did you get the film from if the U didn't have it? You might have more luck with donations if you put it up free on youtube and provided a link to donate.

Where did you get the film from if the U didn't have it? You might have more luck with donations if you put it up free on youtube and provided a link to donate.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, man.

He should post a short sample on Facebook and people will buy this!

AO54 said:

Or you could create a project on kickstarter.com to collect production funds and when the goal is reached, put it on YouTube. Each contributor gets a DVD copy.

everybody knows my name said:
I think you're barking up the wrong tree, man.

He should post a short sample on Facebook and people will buy this!

I sent him an email. He said he posted a sample on YouTube to show the film quality. Problem is he wants $60 for a copy. If 3 other GHers want to go "quartersies" I'd be in.

I am always impressed with the Gopher fans who can speak to a specific game in the 70's. Go Big Gold!

I'd really question the legality of selling a dvd of this game for even $5. $60 could raise some eyebrows around the U or whoever has the rights to the footage.

I sent him an email. He said he posted a sample on YouTube to show the film quality. Problem is he wants $60 for a copy. If 3 other GHers want to go "quartersies" I'd be in.

I would be in to go quartersies.

If you're interested in going in as (1/4) on the DVD, send me a private message and we'll coordinate payment and delivery.

This is the game that kicked off my Gopher Fandom! Of course, I listened to Ray Christensen's call on the radio and have been a fan ever since.

What's the copyright situation?

Top Bottom