1967 Minnesota vs Indiana football game film

stonehands4

Reaction score
Follow link to view another Gopher football Video when the Gophers beat Indiana the eventual Big Ten Champion

Hope the fans enjoyed it when they were there. Things get pretty grim for both schools for 52 years until both finally played January football in the 2019-20 season.

Hope the fans enjoyed it when they were there. Things get pretty grim for both schools for 52 years until both finally played January football in the 2019-20 season.
What a typical "Minnesotan" comment, 1 post in. What we don't need any more. Total Dinkdom.

What a typical "Minnesotan" comment, 1 post in. What we don't need any more. Total Dinkdom.

Sorry my parents are both IU alums and we've marinated in it together for a long time! They were both in school when this game happened.

We've long lamented how Minnesota and Indiana are the only two core Big Ten schools not to win the league since finishing 1-2 in '67. We're excited things are finally looking up for both schools and wish they would play each other once in a while.

Well, feelings are real. Isn't that the clarion call of this new era?

My parents met on a party train to going watch the Gophers play Wisconsin in Madison. They couldn't tell you much about the game because they otherwise preoccupied. Win, lose or tie, they always spoke of Gopher football in romantic terms. That is something this program needs to be more of.

Well, feelings are real. Isn't that the clarion call of this new era?

My parents met on a party train to going watch the Gophers play Wisconsin in Madison. They couldn't tell you much about the game because they otherwise preoccupied. Win, lose or tie, they always spoke of Gopher football in romantic terms. That is something this program needs to be more of.
I may have been conceived after the Indiana game. The time frame works.

Those old football trains used to be where pretty big social scene, both in the train, and in the towns where they stopped at for hotel stays on a long trips like the old Pitt and Washington NC rivalries. It probably was a lot more fun for the players and all involved than modern world.

Last edited:

mpls_newspaper_1.jpg

Top Bottom