13 Seniors + 7 Juniors Playing in Last Home Game

go4rube

By the Beard of Zeus!
Reaction score
Interesting that 7 Juniors will be playing in their last home game. Who are they?

The Gophers have 13 seniors/grad students who will be recognized for their final game at TCF Bank Stadium Saturday (2:30 p.m. start against Northwestern). But head coach Tracy Claeys said on his KFAN Radio show Tuesday that another seven—juniors not expected to return in 2017—will be in their final home game, too.

Minnesota’s group of 13 is the third smallest in major college football. Only three of the 13 play on offense, quarterback Mitch Leidner, tackle Jonah Pirsig and wide receiver Drew Wolitarsky. That’s the fewest on any offensive unit in college football.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Here are the current Juniors on the roster:
2rxk1fd.jpg

Guessing Juenemann & Harte. Anyanwu because of injuries? Rhoda has been mentioned.

I am really hoping all of Elmore, Richardson & Stelter are back next year.

Guessing Juenemann & Harte. Anyanwu because of injuries? Rhoda has been mentioned.

I am really hoping all of Elmore, Richardson & Stelter are back next year.

Not sure why any of those 3 would go. They are not high level pro prospects so declaring early wouldn't make any sense. I would expect the 7 to be made up of injured guys or players that just don't have a realistic shot of cracking the starting rotation. Not uncommon at all for those guys to get on with life after football and not put themselves though another year of meetings and practices.

Here are the current Juniors on the roster:
2rxk1fd.jpg

Crossing this list with the scholarship grid from the Gopher Report (https://minnesota.rivals.com/news/scholarship-grid-1) the following are walk-on RS Juniors:

Michael Conway
Nick Hart
Chad Fahning
Matt Leidner
Andrew Harte
Justin Juenemann

Plus as others have mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke Anyanwu and/or Conner Rhoda.

That would add up to eight, so one of them won't be going. If I had to guess, I'd guess Duke Anyanwu will stick around for one more season.

Crossing this list with the scholarship grid from the Gopher Report (https://minnesota.rivals.com/news/scholarship-grid-1) the following are walk-on RS Juniors:

Michael Conway
Nick Hart
Chad Fahning
Matt Leidner
Andrew Harte
Justin Juenemann

Plus as others have mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke Anyanwu and/or Conner Rhoda.

That would add up to eight, so one of them won't be going. If I had to guess, I'd guess Duke Anyanwu will stick around for one more season.

Good info. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Conway
Nick Hart
Chad Fahning
Matt Leidner
Andrew Harte
Justin Juenemann

Guessing all are finishing their undergrad so makes sense.

The great thing about these threads is that every post, save the OP, will be wrong.

Michael Conway
Nick Hart
Chad Fahning
Matt Leidner
Andrew Harte
Justin Juenemann

Hart and Fahning have played quite a bit. I could see those two stick around.

Given that Rhoda started and won a game this year, is on scholarship, and has a chance to be a starter or 2nd string QB next year, I'm not sure that I'd add him to this list just yet.

Given that Rhoda started and won a game this year, is on scholarship, and has a chance to be a starter or 2nd string QB next year, I'm not sure that I'd add him to this list just yet.

Agree...guess it would depend on whether he wants do the grad school thing to get that last chance.

Unless you know something different, it's been going around that Claeys told Rhoda he wouldn't be getting a scholarship next year.

My guess it would have to be guys who red-shirted. It would be difficult to graduate in three years playing a major sport.

My guess it would have to be guys who red-shirted. It would be difficult to graduate in three years playing a major sport.

That was pointed out in a previous post...listing the RS Jr walk-ons. Really any of the RS Jrs could be in the group.

Do we have an answer on the 7 yet?

Saw this in the Tweet about Rhoda. In addition to him, the others are: TE Duke Anyanwu, LB Ray Dixon, WR Mike Conway, DE Julien Kafo, K Andrew Harte, OT Chad Faphning, C Matt Leidner and OL Luke Rasmussen

Such a bummer on Duke. Odd situation if CR15 has to play in the next 3 weeks.

Such a bummer on Duke. Odd situation if CR15 has to play in the next 3 weeks.

Yeah, Duke is the one I really feel bad for. Remember they hype on him coming out of summer camp a couple years ago? Some were saying he was stealing reps from MAXX in practice and scrimmages! Two knee surgeries later and he's never played a snap. What a bummer. But by all accounts he's a great kid who has earned a degree, so he'll do well in life.

Top Bottom