12/13 - We Are Ranked in the Top 25!!! We beat Sparty tonight and hold our own at the Crisis Center

To humor this thread, I think if we win our next 5, which would include @Pitt, @Miss. State and home against Michigan State to be 8-0, which very unlikely but not totally implausible, there's a chance we could get ranked for one week on December 13th.

We will then get crushed by Michigan in the next game and drop right back out. The beginning of the B1G schedule is brutal and we will likely start 1-4 or 0-5 so there's no chance after that.
Looking good @howeda7 glad the next one is a cupcake😂

So When We Win Wednesday and beat #22 Sparty at The Barn we'll be ranked on 12/13 unless we get hammered in Ann Arbor in the subsequent game.

Shut out to @howeda7 for predicting an 8-0 start to the season (see post 2 in this thread) and Being a Big Ben Believer from the jump

were the utsa of college basketball, undeafeated and not good

What are you drinking tonight stocker?
😎
I'll answer for Stocker. I'm having a bottomless Southern Comfort Mountain Dew, and who knows where it ends. My wife is drowning her sorrows in the volleyball loss with her Kirkland pre-mixed margarita. My younger daughter found a random bottle of sweet red blended wine somewhere in one of our cabinets.

B1G NET rankings updated through the Michigan game:

6. Purdue
16. Michigan State
19. Ohio State
27. Wisconsin
34. Iowa
35. Illinois
36. Minnesota
41. Northwestern
49. Michigan
50. Indiana
110. Penn State
157. Maryland
170. Rutgers
233. Nebraska

6. Purdue
16. Michigan State
19. Ohio State
27. Wisconsin
34. Iowa
35. Illinois
36. Minnesota
41. Northwestern
49. Michigan
50. Indiana
110. Penn State
157. Maryland
170. Rutgers
233. Nebraska
At this point:
Teams Indiana and higher are ROAD quad 1 opponents
Teams wisconsin and above are HOME quad 1 opponents

6. Purdue
16. Michigan State
19. Ohio State
27. Wisconsin
34. Iowa
35. Illinois
36. Minnesota
41. Northwestern
49. Michigan
50. Indiana
110. Penn State
157. Maryland
170. Rutgers
233. Nebraska
Nice -Txs!

I love being wrong, but honestly depth is a big issue with this team
yes, depth is an issue, however we know the following now-

Ben was a good hire!
Ben can coach!
Our team has an identity.
We will play tough D every game and hustle.
They can identify players who fit the system.
Heroball is dead!
Battle will be all B10 performer and all time fan favorite!
Next year will the new HS recruits hcoming plus Battle, Fox and Ilhen sounds dynamic all of a sudden.

Foul trouble hasn’t been an issue thus far, so maybe our D is so elite test it’s a non-issue. Not going to work about injuries as none us can control that.

we’ve already accomplished more than most (all?) of us thought would happen this season - everything else is gravy, so let’s just enjoy whatever presents St. Ben and his band of merry elves 🧝‍♀️ deliver!

Last edited:

Top Bottom