11 teams for 4 spots

jjgopher

Reaction score
If you take the last 4 in, 1st Four out, and next 3 out according Lunardi they are as follows in order of best shape

San Diego State
Illinois
Washington
Ole Miss
Arizona State
Memphis
Rhode Island
Seton Hall
Dayton
Mississippi St
GOPHERS

Only 4 of those teams are making it. Illinois is safely in now. So I would say there's 3 spots left. ASU, Memphis, Seton Hall, all are done and can't improve so eliminate them. That leaves 8 teams for 3 spots.

Hope for Ole Miss to lose, they are right now, they would move down. Hope for Dayton to lose to Xavier. They would conceivably be eliminated. Hope for Florida to beat Miss St that would eliminate them. New Mexico to win would damage SDSU's chances.

So what Im trying to say is that a win over Michigan State and we are in good shape.

Let's just win the dang BTT and then we don't have to worry about it!!

Ole miss, Seaton Hall, Memphis, and ASU all lost and are probably out. It's not like they have to fall out and we move in. With a win tonight we will leap from a lot of times and push them down a spot.

Gophers must win the Big10 now...no way the Big 10 gets 6 teams in.

Gophers must win the Big10 now...no way the Big 10 gets 6 teams in.
It's really not that cut and dry. If we deserve 6 teams, we'll get 6. Hell, they were picking that we'd get 7, maybe 8 to start the year.

Take Dayton off the board. They had a 15 point lead in the 2nd half and completely melted down and lost.

We really need Washington to lose tonight...they're up 9 at half...

SDSU
Illinois
Rhode Island
Washington
Mississippi State
GOPHERS
Virginia Tech

As of right now, not including any results that will happen tomorrow or Sunday there are 7 teams vying for 4 spots.
4 out of these 7 teams are going assuming UTEP wins tomorrow, and teams that are locks win the tourney win the major conference tourneys. I would put us ahead of Mississippi State and Rhode Island right now, so i would have us as the last team in. So IMO, if the following results happen, we will make the tourney even if we lose tomorrow

UTEP beats Houston
Rhode Island loses to Richmond
Mississippi State loses to Vanderbilt
Utah State beats New Mexico State

If we WIN tomorrow against Purdue, we are 95-99% lock

Top Bottom