11/8 Commit Updates

RoyalGopher

Reaction score
Jordan Hinojosa
- Coffeville finished the year 6-4
- Missed the first three games (injury?)
- Finished with 11 tackles, 3 tfl, and 2 sacks

Owen Salzwedel
- Beaver Dam finished 3-5
- Had 14 receptions for 181 yards and 62 tackles, 16 tfls, and 11 sacks

Alex Mayes
- Van Alstyne finished 1-8

Jalen Myrick
- Plays for the Section 3-A title tomorrow. Go Crusaders!
- "Speedster Jalen Myrick is averaging 14.3 yards a carry with 531 yards and four rushing touchdowns. He also has 19 catches for 454 yards (23.9 yards per catch) with seven touchdown receptions."

Chris Streveler
- Marian Central Catholic is undefeated (11-0) and #1 in their class (size of 4A)
- Steveler goes against Montini in what appears to be the section final or first state tournament game. MCC already beat Montini 49-27 earlier this year. As far as I know, Streveler has not thrown an interception this year.

Chris Wipson
- Tore his ACL - best of luck on a quick and full recovery, Chris!

Eric Carter
- Has 46 receptions for 712 yards and 6 touchdowns
- Plays Mainland in the State Tournament tomorrow.

Nate Godwin
- Freedom went 4-6 this year

Demaris Peppers
- Memphis Fairley finished 6-5
- Peppers was named Memphis Defensive Player of the Week on October 15th

Chris Streveler
- Marian Central Catholic is undefeated (11-0) and #1 in their class (size of 4A)
- Steveler goes against Montini in what appears to be the section final or first state tournament game. MCC already beat Montini 49-27 earlier this year. As far as I know, Streveler has not thrown an interception this year.

Chris Streveler Marian Central
Passing -- 139/207 67.1% 2154yds 24td, 3 int
Rushing -- 138 rushes 1012 yards, 7.3 average 21 td

He has thrown a few picks recently, but not bad stats so far this year. From what I've read off and on this year, he rarely plays more than 2 or 3 quarters because they are blowing out the other teams. He also didn't finish last week's playoff game due to illness, but will be back for the game vs. Montini. Earlier this year agains Montini, Streveler went 17/19 for 212 and 2 tds, and ran 22 times for 131 and 4 more td's.

Chris Streveler

Chris Streveler Marian Central
Passing -- 139/207 67.1% 2154yds 24td, 3 int
Rushing -- 138 rushes 1012 yards, 7.3 average 21 td

He has thrown a few picks recently, but not bad stats so far this year. From what I've read off and on this year, he rarely plays more than 2 or 3 quarters because they are blowing out the other teams. He also didn't finish last week's playoff game due to illness, but will be back for the game vs. Montini. Earlier this year agains Montini, Streveler went 17/19 for 212 and 2 tds, and ran 22 times for 131 and 4 more td's.

The 67.1% completion percentage is pretty impressive at the high school level. Not really sure how often he is throwing down field though.

The nice thing about players like him is that if things don't work out at QB, he should be able to change positions.

I was on vacation in Savannah and saw Myrick play the Friday before the Wisconsin game. I actually went to school at SCPS for a couple of years and my brother played football at SCPS during their State Title runs during the early 80's. Myrick is really pretty impressive. He really reminds me a lot of Stoudermire as a freshman at the U. He has very quick and active hips with a very good burst. I am very excited to see him play CB for us and see how he develops in the weight room.

The Raiders should go very deep in state playoffs, but they have a freshman at quarterback who has a tendency to get flustered pretty easily. It sounded as if they played some higher leveled schools pretty tough but lost even though they were outmaned on the line.

Top Bottom