105-man roster predictions

EE_Gopher

Reaction score
This is last year's list.
http://www.gophersports.com/blog/2012/08/gophers-announce-105-man-fall-camp-roster.html

I think I counted 21 or so from that list that have graduated, off the team, or injured who will not be on this year's list.

Question: Is it safe to assume that pretty much all incoming freshmen will be on the list?

It seems like the last two years, names being left off the list resulted in transfers of those players as well...

To help, here is the link to the current full roster. You can sort by position group, jersey number, year, etc.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/minn-m-footbl-mtt.html

One player of note who was not invited last year was Dexter Foreman (QB). I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again. I would expect that most of the Freshman class would be invited, with the possible exception of some of the PWO players, but even most of them (who are new this year) should be invited. I don't see why some seniors would be invited (such as Moses) but I would be surprised either way. Besides likelihood to play in a game, I'm sure the coaches consider having the needed amount of bodies at each position to run a good practice.

Upperclassmen who have yet to see the field are prime candidates to be left off the 105 man list.

To help, here is the link to the current full roster. You can sort by position group, jersey number, year, etc.

One player of note who was not invited last year was Dexter Foreman (QB). I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again. I would expect that most of the Freshman class would be invited, with the possible exception of some of the PWO players, but even most of them (who are new this year) should be invited. I don't see why some seniors would be invited (such as Moses) but I would be surprised either way. Besides likelihood to play in a game, I'm sure the coaches consider having the needed amount of bodies at each position to run a good practice.
The prefered part of the PWO title means that they have a spot on the 105 man roster.

The prefered part of the PWO title means that they have a spot on the 105 man roster.

It appears that you are correct but I suspect that status is only for the first year.

It appears that you are correct but I suspect that status is only for the first year.
Absolutly true but Norsk's comment related to incoming freshmen PWO's. The only way an incoming PWO is not on the roster would be if they had sustained some type of injury.

I count 122. I you can immediately eliminate Mottla, and Cosgrove. They will not play this year. That's 120. Eliminate 15:

We have 5 kickers and 5 punters, total 8 players. I think you realistically eliminate one of each (although 2 guys are both). I think Eric Klein already know who they are - 2
19 DB - 2
15 DL - 2
2 FB - 0
13 LB - 1
3 LS - 0
19 OL - 2
7 QB - 1
7 RB - 1
10 TE - 1
17 WR - 3

Unfortunately, guys like Bobek, Roland Johnson, and Westerhaus could be in these numbers.

I count 122. I you can immediately eliminate Mottla, and Cosgrove. They will not play this year. That's 120. Eliminate 15:

We have 5 kickers and 5 punters, total 8 players. I think you realistically eliminate one of each (although 2 guys are both). I think Eric Klein already know who they are - 2
19 DB - 2
15 DL - 2
2 FB - 0
13 LB - 1
3 LS - 0
19 OL - 2
7 QB - 1
7 RB - 1
10 TE - 1
17 WR - 3

Unfortunately, guys like Bobek, Roland Johnson, and Westerhaus could be in these numbers.
Aren't guys like Beal and Gjere still listed on that roster? You could knock those off too.

Aren't guys like Beal and Gjere still listed on that roster? You could knock those off too.

No. The current roster is up to date. The only players listed are players eligible to play. Players who have taken the injury scholarship are now off the roster. Quinn Bauducco was another that is no longer on the roster. Cosgrove is still eligible.

Top Bottom