100th Anniversary of Memorial Stadium approaching November 15--favorite memories...

Saw 3 games there: late '70's win against Wisconsin. I was 7 or 8 at the time. Only remember a goal line stand at the end. When Anthony Carter was at Michigan, saw him play and beat the gophers. Other game against Oregon state. Gophers lost but Chester Cooper had a long reception for a TD. I thought the stadium was great. It was fun to walk by all the fraternities on the way there.

I remember watching the Vikings play the New England Patriots there in an exhibition game in 1971

1978: My first game against the Toledo Rockets. I was more into watching Goldy and the Rocket mascot.

1981: I was at the last game at Memorial Stadium against Wisconsin. I was in 5th grade and I remember both MN and WI fans being smashed. I can still smell the booze. I remember a lot of snow in the stadium. Someone down in the section had a red Wisconsin foam finger. When they put it up snowballs would rain down on them. Bucky strolled over. He got bombed by snowballs.

Top Bottom