1000 posts of brilliance

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Well, I am at 1000 posts on Gopher Hole. I was getting a little nervous Dance4raiders was going to beat me to 1000 but I am close enough now to declare victory in that race.

As I hit 1000 posts, it is time to reflect a little bit. I have always enjoyed message boards. I have hit 1000 posts pursuing my other interests. I've had 1000 posts related to walleye fishing and 1000 posts on a video gaming board. I'm guessing I am the only person alive to hit that trifecta.

Anyway... being an experienced message board guy, I have noticed the following about our 'community' here at the Gopher hole...

* On average, I laugh more. There are some really funny posters on here and it keeps me coming back
* People tend to jump on each other a little more readily here. Not always good, but for some reason there is a culture to expose and belittle others more than what I have seen elsewhere (I've fallen into this myself from time to time and don't always feel good about it).
* 40 years of mediocre football has left a few people here that can't seem to EVER see anything good about the coaching staff, QB, or team. The Ironic part is most of these individuals have either "Fan", or "Art Vandelay" in their names.
* There are of course some that counter that... people that can see a 3 yard gain in the spring game and become convinced it is time to book a room for the Rose Bowl
* We DO have our share of a-hole fans... just like any fan base. I have seen visiting fans post here and get shown some poor hospitality by some of our GH'ers
* There are some VERY GOOD football minds that post here, as well as the usual assortment of people that don't understand the game but think they do.
* This is a wonderful source for information on anything Gopher, or even college football related. I see a lot of blogs and sites that have links to good articles. Combined, this message board usually has every one of those links covered, just through regular topic posting, earlier than any of those blogs.

Anyway... just a few observations as I get all misty-eyed prior to hitting the 1000 mark. See you all on the other side...

Well, I am at 1000 posts on Gopher Hole. I was getting a little nervous Dance4raiders was going to beat me to 1000 but I am close enough now to declare victory in that race.

As I hit 1000 posts, it is time to reflect a little bit. I have always enjoyed message boards. I have hit 1000 posts pursuing my other interests. I've had 1000 posts related to walleye fishing and 1000 posts on a video gaming board. I'm guessing I am the only person alive to hit that trifecta.

Anyway... being an experienced message board guy, I have noticed the following about our 'community' here at the Gopher hole...

* On average, I laugh more. There are some really funny posters on here and it keeps me coming back
* People tend to jump on each other a little more readily here. Not always good, but for some reason there is a culture to expose and belittle others more than what I have seen elsewhere (I've fallen into this myself from time to time and don't always feel good about it).
* 40 years of mediocre football has left a few people here that can't seem to EVER see anything good about the coaching staff, QB, or team. The Ironic part is most of these individuals have either "Fan", or "Art Vandelay" in their names.
* There are of course some that counter that... people that can see a 3 yard gain in the spring game and become convinced it is time to book a room for the Rose Bowl
* We DO have our share of a-hole fans... just like any fan base. I have seen visiting fans post here and get shown some poor hospitality by some of our GH'ers
* There are some VERY GOOD football minds that post here, as well as the usual assortment of people that don't understand the game but think they do.
* This is a wonderful source for information on anything Gopher, or even college football related. I see a lot of blogs and sites that have links to good articles. Combined, this message board usually has every one of those links covered, just through regular topic posting, earlier than any of those blogs.

Anyway... just a few observations as I get all misty-eyed prior to hitting the 1000 mark. See you all on the other side...

Has anyone told you that you really smell bad?

Congrats on your accomplishment! I look forward to many more posts from you.

Oh Schnauzer, you're just looking for friends...

Welcome to the 1,000+ club. PM me and I'll tell you the secret cyber-handshake :) (but you do have to make sure there is no spywear or blockers on your internet first)

Congrats on hitting 1K Schnauzer. Enjoyed your reflections, and makes me wonder if I'll have similar thoughts when I get to that milestone. I should be hitting the 500 post mark soon!

Just joined the club yesterday myself!

Oh Schnauzer, you're just looking for friends...

I forgot to mention I BROUGHT COOKIES. I hope you love them. Perhaps you will like them enough that you will ask for the recipe and then we'll REALLY be friends.

I forgot to mention I BROUGHT COOKIES. I hope you love them. Perhaps you will like them enough that you will ask for the recipe and then we'll REALLY be friends.

Most of my friends are in the 25-30 age range. None of them own a McDonald's franchise.

Therefore, McDonald's is a dying restaurant chain.

That is better than being rubbed the wrong way by his dickyness. I'm not saying... I'm just sayin'.

Thought I'd give this a bump for #1000.

"We DO have our share of a-hole fans... just like any fan base. I have seen visiting fans post here and get shown some poor hospitality by some of our GH'ers"

I particularly like this quote from his original post. Pot calling the kettle black.;)

I have neglected to congratulate you. Nice job. Love reading your stuff.

"We DO have our share of a-hole fans... just like any fan base. I have seen visiting fans post here and get shown some poor hospitality by some of our GH'ers"

I particularly like this quote from his original post. Pot calling the kettle black.;)

Ummmm... okay. I'll try to keep the visiting fan bashing to a minimum.

Thought I'd give this a bump for #1000.

Don't you deserve a thread of your own? I can tell you from experience that it makes one feel like they can fly.

Seriously... congrats on the 1000 posts.

your dickyness has really grown on me over time.

Just read this today-pretty funny stuff! Dpodoll68 has always made total sense with his dickyness imo.

Congrats to Schnauzer by the way. You only have about twenty years before you can catch-up to G4L's total right now.

There is no way to catch up to G4. The only way to get those numbers is to make the mistake in thinking you can reason with him. 100 posts later and he gains one on you!

Some day, I hope to hit 1,000 posts. The worse the team plays the quicker I'll probably get there. :eek:

Some day, I hope to hit 1,000 posts. The worse the team plays the quicker I'll probably get there. :eek:

You're on record setting pace. Take notes from "Friend of Tubby" on the basketball board, you'll be there in no time.

I eased into my 1000 posts, it took years of unoriginal thoughts.

CONGRATS! :clap:

internet-high-five-place-hand-here-right-480x444.jpg

Top Bottom