10 Second Runoff

The clock was stopped due to making the first down. My problem, incidenty as was PJ's, was not starting the clock when ready for the next play. It wasn't started until the ball was snapped and PJ was jumping up and down and doing Pete Townsend guitar windmills to the refs to get them to get the clock running.

*Sorry to change the topic for a second*

There was another play earlier in the game where Fleck was jumping up and down going insane on the sideline.

It was the one where the female ref had her hand up in Mertz's face, not letting him run the play. But Fleck was on fire, and ended up taking a time out.

Anyone remember what I am talking about, and what the hell was going on there?
They subbed.
Then the refs hold it up so we can sub.

Wisconsin burned a timeout there not us

It’s a part of the rule that needs tweaking. The injury still saved a few seconds. Should be a 5 second runoff when it’s a 1st down instead of 10 IMO.

I noticed that when play resumed they let them snap the ball a split second before the ref even started winding the clock.

It’s a part of the rule that needs tweaking. The injury still saved a few seconds. Should be a 5 second runoff when it’s a 1st down instead of 10 IMO.

I noticed that when play resumed they let them snap the ball a split second before the ref even started winding the clock.
It saved them more than a few seconds.....the ball was set in play and the Badgers were no where near ready to snap the ball. Imagine if they had scored on that last play which began with 5 seconds on the clock? Yikes.

How was that not a targeting call as well. Looked pretty obvious to me.
Yeah it’s textbook per article 4 of the rule.

There are so many parts to the rule sometime I feel like the refs go in looking for one, it isn’t the one (he didn’t lead with his crown) so they do no penalty but they forget the part they weren’t looking for (helmet to helmet on a defenseless player)

Yeah it’s textbook per article 4 of the rule.

There are so many parts to the rule sometime I feel like the refs go in looking for one, it isn’t the one (he didn’t lead with his crown) so they do no penalty but they forget the part they weren’t looking for (helmet to helmet on a defenseless player)
Was that part of the Brockington TD drive?

Was that part of the Brockington TD drive?
Can’t remember when but possibly
Was definitely second half and wasn’t one of the theee and outs

So that leaves like two drives

They subbed.
Then the refs hold it up so we can sub.

Wisconsin burned a timeout there not us
Why would Fleck be literally jumping up and down on the sideline screaming because she was allowing us to sub? Not sure we're talking about the same play. The thing I'm thinking of is likely a stupid little thing that was not consequential. I just remember thinking "great we had to burn another timeout".

Why would Fleck be literally jumping up and down on the sideline screaming because she was allowing us to sub? Not sure we're talking about the same play. The thing I'm thinking of is likely a stupid little thing that was not consequential. I just remember thinking "great we had to burn another timeout".
Initially they called the timeout for us because we didn’t get a guy off in time
He was jumping up and down because they didn’t give time to sub. Then they assessed the timeout to Wisconsin.

And they completely missed the targeting call when Mo was drilled helmet to helmet.
Yep, big time. I believe that was by "Meta" (full name Njongmeta), that they were gushing over at one point and saying he was going to be a high draft pick. (That could well be true, just sad how homer the TV announcers were)

It seems like they had him shadowing Mo later in the game.

Initially they called the timeout for us because we didn’t get a guy off in time
He was jumping up and down because they didn’t give time to sub. Then they assessed the timeout to Wisconsin.
Oh I see, thanks!

Top Bottom