10 most critical questions Nebraska must answer in 2022 (8. Will Frost figure out the (PJ) Fleck code?)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Paul:

8. Will Frost figure out the (PJ) Fleck code?​

PJ Fleck is arguably everyone’s favorite coach to hate around the B1G. Unfortunately for Nebraska, Fleck has terrorized the Huskers for 3 seasons running and issued an infamous “culture over skill” rant after last year’s win.

Regardless of feelings for Fleck, the rivalry of Fleck vs. Frost is a good one within the B1G West. It’s also another one where Frost sits on the wrong side of the ledger.

After a 53-28 win during his first season in Lincoln, Frost has lost 3 straight in the series. Fleck has also been to 3 bowl games since 2018 and is 3-0 in them.

After the way things went down last season, Minnesota’s trip to Lincoln on Nov. 5 feels particularly noteworthy. At this point, a win over Fleck and the Golden Gophers might be one of the most satisfying of all for Frost and the Nebraska faithful.

Go Gophers!!

Might be our most difficult game to win on the schedule. Don't remember who said it but the saying goes something like it is hard to beat a team four times in a row. And it's at their place

Nebbie fans could not stand losing to us before PJ...but Frost as HC has just added icing to that cake.

Personally feel good about this trip.

Nebraska fans are interesting to me. I read for years how gracious they are and I experienced it very thoroughly when I attended the 2016 Gopher/Husker game in Lincoln. Tough loss, but it was a great trip and we were amazed at how consistently kind and engaging the fans were.

But then there is their fan presence on social media. I am amazed at the little nooks and crannies they find to comment on and their comments are almost always a blend of delusion and blind homerism.

It is that on line presence that gives me great joy and schadenfreude at their team’s struggles. I hope they suck yet again this year.

And Fleck gets under their skin far worse than other fan bases. I get a kick out of that too.

Nebraska fans are interesting to me. I read for years how gracious they are and I experienced it very thoroughly when I attended the 2016 Gopher/Husker game in Lincoln. Tough loss, but it was a great trip and we were amazed at how consistently kind and engaging the fans were.

But then there is their fan presence on social media. I am amazed at the little nooks and crannies they find to comment on and their comments are almost always a blend of delusion and blind homerism.

It is that on line presence that gives me great joy and schadenfreude at their team’s struggles. I hope they suck yet again this year.

And Fleck gets under their skin far worse than other fan bases. I get a kick out of that too.
I've never met a bad Nebraska fan in person. I tend to think their online trolls are a small subset of their fanbase but yes I agree those fans are some of the worst around. They also think there is a conspiracy by the B1G to keep them down by giving them bad matchups, missed holding calls, etc. They also think they should beat Minnesota just because they are Nebraska. I think losing to us bothers them more than losing to Iowa or Wisconsin because they just can't understand how big bad Nebraska could lose to little lowly Minnesota.

Top Bottom