10/7 Commit Updates

RoyalGopher

Reaction score
- Coffeyville beat Highland 7-3. Hinojosa contributed one tackle.
- Van Alstyne and the Mayes brothers lost to Commerce 35-14. They're currently sitting at 0-6.
- Savannah Chrisitan beat Claxton 24-14. I couldn't find a box score, but Myrick took a blocked punt 45 yards to the house.
- Owen Salzwedel had a catch for 21 yards, and probably had a few of Beaver Dam's nine sacks in their 34-6 victory.
- Streveler led #20 Marian Central Catholic to a 49-24 upset over defending state champion #9 Montini. He ran the ball 23 times for 153 yards and 4 touchdowns, and was 17 for 19 for 193 yards and 2 touchdowns in the air. I really think we got a steal in Streveler. Against what would be 4A teams in Minnesota, he's been putting up some ridiculous numbers.
- Wayzata fell 20-17 to Edina. Wipson has 27 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and a forced fumble this year.

I realize football is a team game, but with two BCS prospects just on the offensive line, you'd think Van Alstyne could win a game. Just shows how good Texas football really is (and apparently how bad the best of that team is).

Streveler is really starting to intrigue me, he sounds like a helluva athlete, he worked hard on his mechanics over the summer, he has yet to throw an interception, he could really surprise, he sounds like a good fit for the Kill offense.

Yea, how long before he passes Nelson as the anointed "future" of Gopher football??? (i kid, of course)

Thanks for these updates - I appreciate it every week.

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

U recruits stand out

Gophers quarterback recruit Chris Streveler is having a great year for Marian Central Catholic High School in Crystal Lake, Ill., which is undefeated and just beat Montini, the No. 1-ranked team in Illinois, 49-24 last weekend. In that game Streveler, who verbally committed to the Gophers in June, rushed for four touchdowns and threw for two. He finished the game with 136 yards rushing on 17 carries and went 14-for-18 for 147 yards passing.

Streveler also recently told the Northwest Herald that he will enroll early with the Gophers. "Hopefully, I can compete for some kind of playing time whether they're starting me at quarterback or if I can find my way on the field as a safety or a wide receiver," he said. "So I'm just hoping I can get up there and compete, get with the guys and start [building] that camaraderie."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/173591931.html

Go Gophers!!

@Alex_Mayes78: Flying up to The 'Sota in the morning! Can't wait for the game on Saturday! #Minnesota #GoldenGophers

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom