10-2 vs 2-10

Side note to OP: Congrats Johnnies. With Erdmann, anything is possible!
He’s amazing. Probably an FCS-level talent. He tried the walk-on route at Penn State, but must’ve been smart enough to figure out if he wanted to play, it was going to be somewhere else.

We also have an NFLer on the O-line and good skill position players. I hope we have our kicking game figured out.

He’s amazing. Probably an FCS-level talent. He tried the walk-on route at Penn State, but must’ve been smart enough to figure out if he wanted to play, it was going to be somewhere else.

We also have an NFLer on the O-line and good skill position players. I hope we have our kicking game figured out.
Kicking game has been a struggle. I was at the Concordia game...yikes.
Definitely have the talent on offense to beat anyone, especially with mount union out!

A better question might be would you take 8-4 with wins over Iowa and Wisconsin or 10-2 with those being the only two losses.

Assume your conference record is 7-2 in both scenarios.
Your 8-4, 7-2 means two non-con losses.

Here's how I frame the question:
Would you rather have this year's 10-2 season, or a 10-2 season with victories over IA and WI. I will take the latter 101 times out of 100. Let's say the Gophers lost to PSU and Illinois, but beat IA and WI. I will take it. Floyd and the Axe matter more than the Governor's Meaningless Bell.

10-2 with wins over IA and WI means trophies in the trophy case, and bragging rights over the two biggest rivals. Compared to that, a theoretical loss to Illinois is not great, but I will trade one bad loss for a rivalry win.

Would you rather have this year's 10-2 season, or a 10-2 season with victories over IA and WI. I will take the latter 101 times out of 100. Let's say the Gophers lost to PSU and Illinois, but beat IA and WI. I will take it. Floyd and the Axe matter more than the Governor's Meaningless Bell.

10-2 with wins over IA and WI means trophies in the trophy case, and bragging rights over the two biggest rivals. Compared to that, a theoretical loss to Illinois is not great, but I will trade one bad loss for a rivalry win.
Yep, any record without wins over Iowa and Wisconsin vs the same record with wins against them should be a no brainer...however, I may mix in a win against #1 Ohio St and take a loss to IA or WI here and there.

Not thinking you will find much opposition to this. If the record is the same either way then why would anyone not want the rivalry wins as well?

10-2, every single day of the week.
2-10 means Brewster era football for eternity.
10-2 means strong recruits, strong exposure, positive momentum.

We make too much out of rivalry games. I'd rather beat a 2 loss PSU (who lost to #1 and us) vs. a 3 loss Iowa.

10-2, every single day of the week.
2-10 means Brewster era football for eternity.
10-2 means strong recruits, strong exposure, positive momentum.

We make too much out of rivalry games. I'd rather beat a 2 loss PSU (who lost to #1 and us) vs. a 3 loss Iowa.

Very good point.

My thoughts. 10-2 is great but the last loss was crushing.

The Iowa loss was ok. It was on the road and they had hiccups. I think the Gophers likely win if they play again.

The Wisconsin loss was devastating. They got to taken to the barn by a better team. I am curious to see Wisconsin versus tOSU. I thought Wisconsin looked really good last week.

This is a silly argument. 10-2 every single time.

Top Bottom