0 Significant Non Conference Wins

rivergopher

Reaction score
If we lose Wensday night we will have a very poor resume to present on selection Sunday no wins against any BCS teams. We will have to see the rest of Butlers season plays out. This today was simply a team with no offensive identity getting beat by a 4-7th place team in the Big 12. We need help and it is to bad that we don not have our two prized recruits eligible. We are the same team as last year and with the Big Ten getting better it is going to be a long frustating season with a lot of games played in the 50s or 60s.

Butler is significant! They'll likely win their conference and go to the tourney w/a decent seed. Whether we beat a BCS team doesn't make sense. You would trade the Butler win with a win over a team like South Florida instead? That being said, I got a feeling after Anaheim, we'll get the entire roster back before the beginning of the B10 season. This team needs those 3 guys out there, and the coaches know it.

Maybe not South Florida, but definetly take a win over Texas A&M instead of Butler whether you like it or not, but wins over other tournament teams from the Big 6 conferences look a lot better in March.

Butler is significant! They'll likely win their conference and go to the tourney w/a decent seed. Whether we beat a BCS team doesn't make sense. You would trade the Butler win with a win over a team like South Florida instead? That being said, I got a feeling after Anaheim, we'll get the entire roster back before the beginning of the B10 season. This team needs those 3 guys out there, and the coaches know it.

Butler is beating #19 ranked Clemson in the 1st half.

Butler is a better win then Texas A&M would have been and it's better then Miami would be. You people who dismiss Butler and Portland because of the leauge they play in are morons (no offense).

The Miami game is key to us having even a decent NC slate though. If we lose that, we will indeed probably need 11 BT wins to get in.

Morons?
I said in my post that we will see how Butlers season plays out. They do play some quality non-conference teams ie Georgetown, Ohio St, Xaiver and Clemson tonight. Then they get into Conference play and there RPI goes down with every game win or loss. I just do not think that Butler is that good, say they go 1-3 in the above mentioned games will that win look that good. As for Portland they have beat Oregon and us. They have the oppurtinity to play @Wash and @Nevada to help. The league they play in WCC is a significantly better league then the Horizon even sending 3 teams to the tournament in one year in the last 5 years. So I would almost argue that I would have traded the Butler win to beat Portland. However Texas A&M gets to play a Big 12 schedule and all that includes. Also they have upcoming games at Washington and at New Mexico both of which should be tournament teams. Of course they beat us today which I hope is a tournament team and Clemson. What I am saying is that Texas A&M finishing 4th in the Big 12 and either be in the top 25 or slightly outside will look better than Butler on that faithful Sunday. I am a fan of the Horizon league and it is slightly down this year compared to last year.

Oh sorry, I bet they thought you said 0 significant wins. (and btw it is that fateful sunday, not faithful)

I am sorry, I am realitvely new here and fully admit that my spelling and grammar are not always the best. You were right and I should not be so negative, I love the gophers and I am probably just letting off some steam, sorry was really disappointed with the effort tonight and hope it gets better from here. Cut me some slack I live in Wisconsin grew up on the border and got crap all the time coming up. I have basketball tonight at 930 tonight with 6 Badgers fans and I will be hearing it, as the guy who has season tickets with me will not be there tonight. I can here it now, "We got 2 wins coming off the island, you got to stay in the lower 48 and couldn't even beat a football school."

Top Bottom