⭐⭐⭐⭐ 2022 Minnesota Football commit Anthony Smith bumped to a four-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐

fleck doing work!

5 star in my book,
Of course I don't actually have a book.
Of course I can't actually read a book.

Tim Brewster recruited a lot of highly touted players, at least highly touted by UofM standards. He couldn't coach them worth a darn.

What the Jerry Kills and PJ Flecks of the world can do is take the lower tier guys and coach them up into better players. They have an infectious attitude. A guy like Fleck can see the intangibles waiting in a 3-star recruit, and knows how to draw that ability out. That's the kind of coach that lower tier schools need because we typically can't get the turnkey 4-and 5-star players.

Well, here's the photo for the latest cover, from what I hear...

Probably not quite like what you're remembering...
true-kobe-bryant.gif

Still the same kid.
Right.
High school players' abilities never change. They don't ever get bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic.

And different evaluators never weigh in with differing opinions.

Last edited:

Anthony Smith garnered a lot of attention early in the recruiting process with offers from schools spread across the country, and he settled on Minnesota in June after making an official visit.

At 6-foot-6, 280 pounds, he has ready-made size to play in college but he will have to work on adding strength and developing his technique.
Smith is the No. 29 defensive lineman and No. 201 prospect in the Top247. His offer list included Michigan, Iowa State, Michigan State, NC State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Pittsburgh, Penn State, Syracuse, Virginia Tech and West Virginia. Penn State was at one of his games earlier this month as it continues to look at him.

Top Bottom