Poll: Which Game Are You Most Looking Forward to?

Which Game Are You Most Looking Forward To?

• North Carolina Aug 29 Big Season Opener at Home

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • Iowa Sept 21 at Home Big Rivalry

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • USC New to Big Ten Oct 5 at Home

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • UCLA New to Big Ten Oct 12 Away

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Maryland, Illinois, Rutgers Oct 26 to Nov 9 Three Game Stretch Against "Similar Rank" Opponents

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wisconsin Nov 30 Away Big Rivalry

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • The "Unwinnable" Games Against Powers Michigan and Penn State

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Iowa and USC will be early tough games in the conference as a measuring stick.

Gophers are going to be good. The transfer class was good including three 4-star prospects and more guys about the fill those shoes.

The media is too pessimistic on the Gophers. Last year was a blip. This team this year will be good.

Darius Taylor, a new well-rated veteran QB, and a high-rated WR coming in to pair with a current Gophers WR top 10 in the league.

Their best 4 star transfer player is probably the defensive end, nobody's talking about how big that is, plus they have another raw 6' 8" DE transfer with monster potential.

Gophers could be really good.

We'll find out with Iowa and USC, both tough games.

NBS's prime time opens with Iowa at Minnesota.

As a sidebar to this, does USC have the same clout that they used to? I feel like they're a more modern example of Nebraska's fall. Expectations are high within their program and they get constant love from the media before every season, but what have they done lately? I'd love to see us start a winning tradition against them like we have Nebraska.
Does USC have the same clout as they used to? Probably not. Have they fallen like Nebraska? No.

Nebraska hasn't been to a bowl game since 2016. USC played in the Rose Bowl that year and has been to six bowl games since. They finished #3 in the AP poll in 2016 and 12, 21 and 12 since.

So, yes -- not what they were. I just mostly wanted to point out that Nebraska has been a special kind of failure. :cool:

I'm going with the opener in Primetime with a team that was ranked top 20 as late as week 9 last year. We're going to win that game and set the tone for a season that will exceed expecations!

As a sidebar to this, does USC have the same clout that they used to? I feel like they're a more modern example of Nebraska's fall. Expectations are high within their program and they get constant love from the media before every season, but what have they done lately? I'd love to see us start a winning tradition against them like we have Nebraska.

USC hasn't hit the highs of their storied history in the past decade and a half....sure. But they've had a lot of very good teams....even if they haven't been competing for a NC. Tough to compare them with Nebraska.....who are unfortunately stuck in Nebraska compared to Southern California.

USC hasn't hit the highs of their storied history in the past decade and a half....sure. But they've had a lot of very good teams....even if they haven't been competing for a NC. Tough to compare them with Nebraska.....who are unfortunately stuck in Nebraska compared to Southern California.
We'll find out pretty quickly how good the PAC teams really are after a slog through the B10 schedule

We'll find out pretty quickly how good the PAC teams really are after a slog through the B10 schedule

Considering the B10 scooped up the premier football programs....I think they'll be fine. It'll be interesting to see if any are able to challenge Ohio State and Michigan for the top of the conference year in and year out. If I had to wager a guess.....I'd bet that Oregon and USC settle in closer to that Penn State level....where they live just a shade below.

Considering the B10 scooped up the premier football programs....I think they'll be fine. It'll be interesting to see if any are able to challenge Ohio State and Michigan for the top of the conference year in and year out. If I had to wager a guess.....I'd bet that Oregon and USC settle in closer to that Penn State level....where they live just a shade below.
I personally think Michigan is going to slide this year and USC is going to surprise people. And obviously (assuming both are undefeated at game time) I'm very much looking forward to the buckeyes in Autzen this fall

How dare you put my Ducks down with U$C... ;)

We need a late November snowstorm game here vs one of the California schools.

Top Bottom