Devoe Joseph Sucks!

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
Just wanted to restate my previous sentiment that he screwed us big time by quiting on his team and us...wish we could send him a bill for the tens of thousands of dollars he collected from the U before he quit.

How bout getting a refund for the salaries of the coaches who haven't seemed to improve the players, struggle to keep kids around for four years and keeping them out of trouble.

Leaving during the year is inexcusable but this board is way too light on Tubby for not figuring out how to get the best out of both Joseph and Cobbs. It should be rare to lose players who the coach wants to stay. Additionally once Cobbs was gone, he should have recruited a JUCO point guard like Cartwright from Iowa.

I'm sure Tubby's frustrating coaching style has a lot to do with players like Cobbs and Joseph leaving.

How about calling it like it is...Tubby chose Nolen over Joseph. Sometimes, you get what you asked for, and that's exactly what happened.

Agree on holding the coaching staff accountable...one problem with a hall of fame coach is sometimes they don't change with the times or the team.

Tubby needs to open it up and let the athletes on this team be athletic. We can't control the tempo or shorten the game because we have no PG...time to make chaos our friend and force their guards to stop our athletes...not like we could have more turn overs or lost possessions and it would be enjoyable to watch.

Devoe should act like an adult, play within the system and he'll get playing time.

What a selfish thing to do to ditch this team and leave his teammate in this poor position. We could overcome the loss of Al Nolen if we had Devoe, but not the loss of both. Simply a selfish move by Devoe and it's hurting this team a ton.

How about calling it like it is...Tubby chose Nolen over Joseph. Sometimes, you get what you asked for, and that's exactly what happened.

This is exactly correct. All non-starters should quit their teams, and there should never be any talented backups on a roster. It would certainly save the university a lot of scholarship money to only support 5 guys.

If he really has that type of mentality I wouldn't want him playing here anyway. Good riddance and have fun with the worst team in the worst power conference.

Devoe should act like an adult, play within the system and he'll get playing time.

I agree. If Devoe would just straighten up a bit Tubby will get him back on the floor.

Is there a dog whistle that you hear any time someone posts something negative about Devoe that says 'to the Gopherhole!'? Or maybe a light in the sky? Just curious.

Is there a dog whistle that you hear any time someone posts something negative about Devoe that says 'to the Gopherhole!'? Or maybe a light in the sky? Just curious.

Is there a state law or something that says anytime anyone says the obvious--chosing Nolen over Joseph was idiotic--all the apologists have to jump through hoops to reinforce their previously stated idiotic positions to try and make themselves look not so...idiotic?

Just wanted to restate my previous sentiment that he screwed us big time by quiting on his team and us...wish we could send him a bill for the tens of thousands of dollars he collected from the U before he quit.

you are a giant tool for blaming the team on a player! he worked his ass off while he was here and went to class and did what he was supposed to. he blew up and put this team on his back in the big ten tourney and was told he could back up hoff who is half the basketball player devoe is! things don't work out sometimes and maybe the player was promised things that didn't happen to come true!
so screw yourself for this assbag thread you started. you are a giant dbag and I'm ashamed you are a gopher fan!

you are a giant tool for blaming the team on a player! he worked his ass off while he was here and went to class and did what he was supposed to. he blew up and put this team on his back in the big ten tourney and was told he could back up hoff who is half the basketball player devoe is! things don't work out sometimes and maybe the player was promised things that didn't happen to come true!
so screw yourself for this assbag thread you started. you are a giant dbag and I'm ashamed you are a gopher fan!

.....Devoe?

Is there a state law or something that says anytime anyone says the obvious--chosing Nolen over Joseph was idiotic--all the apologists have to jump through hoops to reinforce their previously stated idiotic positions to try and make themselves look not so...idiotic?

Nolen over Joseph was at worst debatable and in no way idiotic. And Devoe lost his chance at it by getting suspended. Nothing that happened excuses bailing on your teammates in the middle of the season.

Anyway, my point is you can have almost no posts on any other threads and someone makes a post about Devoe and you're rushing in defending him within moments. It's amazing. You and everyone else needs to move on. We all do. Devoe screwed his team and quit. I have no respect for him. But there's no point continuing to talk about it.

Bolded #1: Not even close. Wrong on everthing there.

Bolded #2: Blake is better by a long shot. Who cares if you start or not as long as you are getting minutes which is exactly what Joseph was getting.

In summary: Really bad post.

Wow...Mrs. Joseph, I didn't say anything personal about your son...other than he sucks for quiting on his team and us fans. He did quit...middle of the season...left the people he said he cared about hanging...that is true. Nobody said there weren't circumstances...just like the TWO times he was suspended from the team for breaking team rules...I am sure there were circumstances...and we accepted him back with open arms and cheered and supported him...then he QUIT! Just like I am sure he will do many times in his life going forward.

Let's all pi$$ into the wind and then argue about who is having the most fun.

Can you answer the following question just one time please? I've asked it so many times and you never want to answer it.

If Tubby supposedly chose Nolen over Joseph as you say, why did they play almost identical minutes in the 3 games they played together this year?

Help me out here. What tweet are you talking about?

:)

"Shout out to all my family, friends, supporters, mentors, fans. You all mean a lot to me and have help me in many ways. I love you all"

Right when the Buckeyes started to pull away. Like I said, not a coincidence at all.

ftp

"Shout out to all my family, friends, supporters, mentors, fans. You all mean a lot to me and have help me in many ways. I love you all"

Right when the Buckeyes started to pull away. Like I said, not a coincidence at all.

Nice.

Bolded #1: Not even close. Wrong on everthing there.

Bolded #2: Blake is better by a long shot. Who cares if you start or not as long as you are getting minutes which is exactly what Joseph was getting.

In summary: Really bad post.

how do you know devoe didnt work hard up until he quit the team?

and devoe could do more than shoot a basketball! he could create his own shot, he could dribble w/o looking like he was 9 yrs old, and he plays better perimeter defense than blake. if devoe is still here we dont play nearly as much 2-3 zone to protect blakes weak athletic ability. blake is a great shooter but thats all he is.

who said it had anything to do about starting? im saying devoe was pushed to play the point when he really isnt a point guard. he was put behind blake who isnt as good all around as devoe.

overall you are a dumbass for trying to bash a kid for being in an unhappy situation because of your own selfish needs.

in summary: you dont know sh*t

I hear there's room on the Oregon message board.

I don't know why it is so hard to understand that we are pretty much going to start a point guard at the point.

how do you know devoe didnt work hard up until he quit the team?

and devoe could do more than shoot a basketball! he could create his own shot, he could dribble w/o looking like he was 9 yrs old, and he plays better perimeter defense than blake. if devoe is still here we dont play nearly as much 2-3 zone to protect blakes weak athletic ability. blake is a great shooter but thats all he is.

who said it had anything to do about starting? im saying devoe was pushed to play the point when he really isnt a point guard. he was put behind blake who isnt as good all around as devoe.

overall you are a dumbass for trying to bash a kid for being in an unhappy situation because of your own selfish needs.

in summary: you dont know sh*t
Lakes, despite all evidence to the contrary, you seem to be under the same delusion(s) that Devoe is:

1) I don't know how hard worked before he quit, but I do know he did a number of things to seriously affect his ability to play here. Whether it was drugs, grades, insubordination; who knows? And frankly, who cares? He was already a major distraction for this team (6 game suspension, and likely another multiple game suspension before he left). No team needs that. Nolen started over him because Joseph was suspended to start the season. Hoffarber started over him because is our best shooter (one of the best in the country), leading returning scorer, and obviously improved his overall game over the summer.

2) Devoe's defense was atrocious; he was easily one of the worst couple of defenders on our team (hence the reason Tubby often sat him in his first couple of years). His on-ball defense was consistently putrid, his help-side defense was never there, and his defensive positioning was never correct.

3) Regarding their all-around game; there is no question Hoffarber is a better all-around player. Look at his passing, shooting, understanding of the game (positioning), fundamentals (cross court passes, entry to the post, etc.), it's really not close. Devoe never hit an open player on time (if he even passed it to him), was rarely in the correct position defensively, and perhaps worst of all, probably had the worst understanding of what is a good/bad shot of any player to play for the Gophers in the last 15-20 years. He appeared to be incredibly selfish on the court, and based on his actions in the past 12 months or so, appears to be selfish off the court as well. Devoe only seems interested in what's best for Devoe. Doesn't matter if we were winning or losing, he appeared to rub some of the team, and apparently Tubby the wrong way with his attitude.

You act like he's a mix of Bruce Bowen and Kobe Bryant.

Devoe will never have a sniff at the NBA, and will struggle to even play overseas. He's an undersized and unathletic (in comparison to professionals) shooting guard that lacks the body and basic fundamentals necessary to seriously compete for any spot on a professional roster.

It's just too bad Devoe and the people whispering sweet nothings in his ear don't understand this simple fact.

Top Bottom