Zulgad: Gophers’ victory over dismal Rutgers manages to leave a sinking feeling

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Judd:

One had to wonder if Tracy Claeys really believed the message he was attempting to sell Saturday after the Gophers had rallied, yes, rallied for a 34-32 victory over bottom-feeding Rutgers at TCF Bank Stadium.

“There’s no such thing as a bad win, they’re all good,” the Gophers coach said.

Tracy, I’ve got some news for you. There is such a thing as a bad win and your team’s victory qualified as exactly that. Bad is one word to describe it. The game also qualified as brutal, ugly and nearly impossible to watch. We could go on. The announced crowd of 46,096 is deserving of a full refund for the exhibition of football they were forced to witness.

How bad are the Scarlet Knights?

Rutgers entered as an 18-point underdog and had lost its first four Big Ten games to Iowa (14-7), Ohio State (58-0), Michigan (78-0) and Illinois (24-7). Following a disappointing 0-2 start to the conference season, the Gophers were coming off a 31-10 victory at Maryland and were entering the second game of a four-game stretch that will include two more very beatable teams in Illinois and Purdue.

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2...dismal-rutgers-manages-leave-sinking-feeling/

Go Gophers!!

per Judd:

Interesting. I clicked on the link to the article and looked at how many pieces (of ****) Judd has written on the Gopher football team. I went back at least 10 pages of articles. There are 3 Gopher football articles. 1 is after the loss to PSU. Another one is after the loss to Iowa. The most recent one is what Bleed posted here.

That's it.

Legit...go **** yourself.

per Judd:

One had to wonder if Tracy Claeys really believed the message he was attempting to sell Saturday after the Gophers had rallied, yes, rallied for a 34-32 victory over bottom-feeding Rutgers at TCF Bank Stadium.

“There’s no such thing as a bad win, they’re all good,” the Gophers coach said.

Tracy, I’ve got some news for you. There is such a thing as a bad win and your team’s victory qualified as exactly that. Bad is one word to describe it. The game also qualified as brutal, ugly and nearly impossible to watch. We could go on. The announced crowd of 46,096 is deserving of a full refund for the exhibition of football they were forced to witness.

How bad are the Scarlet Knights?

Rutgers entered as an 18-point underdog and had lost its first four Big Ten games to Iowa (14-7), Ohio State (58-0), Michigan (78-0) and Illinois (24-7). Following a disappointing 0-2 start to the conference season, the Gophers were coming off a 31-10 victory at Maryland and were entering the second game of a four-game stretch that will include two more very beatable teams in Illinois and Purdue.

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2...dismal-rutgers-manages-leave-sinking-feeling/

Go Gophers!!

Any win is a good win. In January who will care one win was a two point affair over Rutgers???

Just win

Any win is a good win. In January who will care one win was a two point affair over Rutgers???

Just win

Agree. I'm not defending what I saw yesterday, which was embarrassing, but I don't hear folks still talking about how Iowa only beat them 14-7. Based on how we played yesterday, I will be stunned if we win the next two. But if we do so and r 7-2, no one will be still be talking about yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AM1500 is the Rutgers of the local media market. Worse ratings than Conservative talk radio. In a DFL state.

Everyone who was thrilled with yesterday's win, please chime in.
Hear that. That's the sound of silence.

The bus ride back to the fairgrounds had Scott from Apple Valley very upset with the team and Liedner. In the end, we won, which is always better than losing, but zero style points.

I've been a fan of Gopher football since the late 50s. Really, was anybody really surprised by the game on Saturday? I wasn't. I knew, even after the first quarter the game was going to tighten up.

Same signs: sloppy defense, our OL and DL were almost non-existent, we can't make a 4th and 1 when we need to, Leidner was inaccurate again, a running quarterback was killing us, even our punter was off his game (again).

However I was happier the rest of the day because at least this time we won! A victory is a victory is a victory.

I'm ever the optimist and will continue to watch and follow even though it's so exhausting!

Interesting. I clicked on the link to the article and looked at how many pieces (of ****) Judd has written on the Gopher football team. I went back at least 10 pages of articles. There are 3 Gopher football articles. 1 is after the loss to PSU. Another one is after the loss to Iowa. The most recent one is what Bleed posted here.

That's it.

Legit...go **** yourself.

Zulgad is a Gopher troll. I wish members would not repost his tripe here.

Based on how we played yesterday, I will be stunned if we win the next two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? Don't get so caught up in the moment. A team is more than just its last game. This team's offense has some continuing issues (receivers not getting separation, failure to adjust play calling to defensive adjustments, penalties) but has only had one really ineffective game. The defense has been rough but has been pretty good containing runners (other than the quarterback after the pocket collapses) and did play two very good games in a row prior to yesterday. This team just hasn't had a game yet where its offense and defense have played well in the same game. The potential definitely is there to win 7, even 8, games with the remaining schedule.

Top Bottom