Zach Evans looks the part

I know he had limited carries, but I like what we see from him. I expect he'll be a big part of the offense next year.
On the couple of carries he had, I liked what I saw as well.

Evans was highly recruited. Nice to finally see him get a few
It’s too bad PJ didn’t have the vision to play an injured RB sooner

He should be a part of the game plan the next two weeks. He has a burst and is a good change of pace to Mo. Potts looked much better than he has, but it's go time. Play your best players.

I sure hope so. I get teary watching Bucky Irving light it up for the Ducks.
He only has a measly 207 combined yards through 3 quarters tomight.

Edit. Only 168 yards. Gamecast had wrong stats apparently.

Last edited:

I hate to say it, but he's in a modern offense out there. Here, it would not be even close to the same. And that's if he starts.

You could just tell with Bucky, the first time he returned that kick to near midfield I thought that they have to get this guy on the field. Small sample size, but I feel the same way about Evans.

He should be a part of the game plan the next two weeks. He has a burst and is a good change of pace to Mo. Potts looked much better than he has, but it's go time. Play your best players.
Potts looked way more decisive.

When he has to stall and make a decision he struggles more.

They key to Potts just might me runs that don’t require those longer delays and reads, rather just have him GO.

Potts looked way more decisive.

When he has to stall and make a decision he struggles more.

They key to Potts just might me runs that don’t require those longer delays and reads, rather just have him GO.
Yes. Potts from a stall to top speed is very slow. Looked way better today, which was nice to see. Props to the OL dominating so he didn't have to stall.

It's telling that Fleck didn't start playing Evans until there were (probably) 4 games left in the season.

It wasn't clear if his redshirt was being saved for the stretch run or he was just buried on the depth chart. This is a strong indication they like him but wanted to keep his redshirt with Mo playing so much.

Yes. Potts from a stall to top speed is very slow. Looked way better today, which was nice to see. Props to the OL dominating so he didn't have to stall.
Mo seems to thrive reading the play with a delay. Reads the defense like a book.

That just isn’t Potts game.

I posted in the Purdue game thread they should try Evans starting in the 2nd Half, really wish Fleck would have after what we saw today.

It's telling that Fleck didn't start playing Evans until there were (probably) 4 games left in the season.

It wasn't clear if his redshirt was being saved for the stretch run or he was just buried on the depth chart. This is a strong indication they like him but wanted to keep his redshirt with Mo playing so much.
You can redshirt a player any year. Not “burned” until you play your 5th game in your last season.

Can't he play these last two games and then also the bowl game while keeping his redshirt??

I see no possible reason not to keep playing him this year!

Save Mo!!

Top Bottom