Yuck: Adding more teams to March Madness among recommendations by NCAA transformation committee

Why not 352?
It already is with the conference tournaments.

If they are going to expand, which I think is stupid, then make it 128 or even 256 as nobody should get a bye.

Just announced: All the teams that don't qualify for the tournament will be in a play-in bracket for a chance to participate :)
I think expanding the "first four" into a 26 team "play-in tournament" certainly can make sense, but it will get trash TV ratings.

No more than like the Sun Belt, NEC, WAC conference tournaments.

The reason why the first two (real) rounds of March Madness are magical, are the upsets. No one cares if it's two low teams playing each other.

Even if it's like North Carolina State vs Drake ... why am I going to suddenly start caring, if it's not the real March Madness yet?

I think expanding the "first four" into a 26 team "play-in tournament" certainly can make sense, but it will get trash TV ratings.

No more than like the Sun Belt, NEC, WAC conference tournaments.

The reason why the first two (real) rounds of March Madness are magical, are the upsets. No one cares if it's two low teams playing each other.

Even if it's like North Carolina State vs Drake ... why am I going to suddenly start caring, if it's not the real March Madness yet?

Before March Madness will be April Badness.

Farm Valley Community College vs Innova Virtual Online School.

Right, and as someone already brought up: conference tournaments are defacto part of the overall tournament, since the winner gets an automatic bid.

That leaves out independents, of course. But actually, are their independents in bball? Isn't that more for football?

Top Bottom