Youth Basketball in MN.

balds

Reaction score
I'm sure many of us have sons and daughters who are being impacted by the shutdown. I'm curious to hear your thoughts/insights on when/if/how youth basketball will be played again in Minnesota.

MYAS currently has pushed out their Spring schedule to begin in June. Tournaments are scheduled to start in June in Iowa and in late May in Kansas.

We are still in for kc, fl and Nationals is still on. Dad brag - we were one of the first teams to qualify.

My son plays for a South Suburban High School. . . . .AAU is all but canceled. We're told summer practices, weight training, Summer Breakdown, South of the River etc are all on hold until Walz and the state high school league opens things up. I highly doubt any MYAS stuff will happen. I would shift my focus to Fall. IF.

My son plays for a South Suburban High School. . . . .AAU is all but canceled. We're told summer practices, weight training, Summer Breakdown, South of the River etc are all on hold until Walz and the state high school league opens things up. I highly doubt any MYAS stuff will happen. I would shift my focus to Fall. IF.
Coaches nationwide have already adjusted. That is why wrapping up 2020 early as some have allowed them a huge jump on 2021 and why they already had several kids on campus or at elite camp last summer and why your seeing early and will see earlier commitments than 2020.

I'm in IL and my son was set to play on the Adidas Gold gauntlet this Spring and summer and so far there's been no word on things picking back up. Shoot most parks even took the hoops down. They're shooting in driveways

MYAS just sent an email out that they expect tournaments to start weekend of June 6. I think they are selling false hope, there aren't schools that will allow gyms to be used and there aren't enough private gymnasiums to meet a scaled demand.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom