Your "official" guess the attendance of the first home game thread

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
The person guessing closest to the official announced attendance gets...

...my respect.

I say they will officially announce 50,627

I hope they clarify that "this is a TCF Bank Stadium record"

What is the official capacity? In the last 2 weeks I have seen numbers ranging from 50,200-50,800 anyone know the actual number?

I will try to cover the high side

Maybe the Fire Marshall will be out of town on vacation....51,000

I thought the capacity was 50,300.
How could we get more than that? Do they have one number for a "full" suite or loge box (say 6) and then allow additional people (say a total of 10)?

Just trying to figure out how the number could be > 50,300.

Not all the boxes are sold, and not all the scalpers will sell their tickets so I will say they will be under capacity......49,825.

Not all the boxes are sold, and not all the scalpers will sell their tickets so I will say they will be under capacity......49,825.

They don't announce actual attendance, they announce sold seats. So the scalpers seats count to the capacity. Also, the suites are mostly (all?) sold out for this game (the 9 open suites were sold single game for $8500). They only hold a capacity of 19 so we're talking approx 100-150 seats open at most. Throw in a handful of indoor club seats and the announced crowd shouldn't be more than 200-250 under capacity.

The scalpers will sell their seats, the ones they haven't sold via the net will be in some seller's hands on gameday. If the people outside the stadium can't sell their tickets by kickoff time, they aren't likely to walk away getting zero dollars for them, they will sell them for what they can get.

I guess that there will be 18,324 Badger fans...11,012 Iowa fans...6011 North Dakota fans....403 Air Force fans....

What is the official capacity? In the last 2 weeks I have seen numbers ranging from 50,200-50,800 anyone know the actual number?

Official capacity is 50,803 although I'm sure they can do things for overflow/standing room only.

Are they going to count all of the football alumni that are going to be on the sidelines??? If so, that could add a couple hundred?? I say 51,111......

I believe they not only count all of the tickets sold (no matter if that person actually enters the gates), as well as anyone else in attendance at the game. This would then include cheer leaders, band, any special guests, etc possibly even teams. If they are claiming 50,803 to be capacity, I'm guessing 51,912. Just to include the date in there.

"Do they have one number for a "full" suite or loge box (say 6) and then allow additional people (say a total of 10)?"

Does anyone know the answer to this?

GrunkieJr had the closest guess with 50,803 - 2 shy of the actual announced attendance of 50,805. Good job Grunk :)

Was it just me or were there 50-100 empty seats in the corners of the student section? I guess they might have just been packing in tight or students might have been crammed into in a lower row with their friends instead of up in the corners.

Anyway, will the Wisconsin game attendance eclipse the 50,805 number? Unless we lose both of our next two games, I would sure think so. There will be plenty of Wisconsin fans outside The Bank on gameday looking for whatever ticket they can get their hands on.

As promised, Grunkie gets my respect.

Top Bottom