Young (McAvoy) twins might just be key for U

They definitely need to red-shirt big time. They have no muscle definition whatsoever.

They definitely need to red-shirt big time. They have no muscle definition whatsoever.

Agreed. In that picture they looked like they are built like they play DB, like a safety. You will be surprised if they hit the weights and the training table what they will look like in 4-5 years, though. Hang onto that picture because it will be interesting in seeing the before and after pictures......I hope!!

They will both redstart.

Binders and e. Olsen are locks to start making 3 spots up for grabs...who gets them?

Originally Posted by mailman25
Did Jimmy Gjere redshirt?

I also thought Jimmy was going to be a redshirt freshman this year but he listed as a sophmore on the official Minnesota Gopher football roster.

In addition Brenden Beal is listed as a Junior. I have read that he got an additional medical redshirt year and therefore was supposed to be a sophmore this fall.

Lastly, did Brandon Green get a medical redshirt for last year? He listed as a senior on the roster for this year.

I am shocked at the coverage, the media is begining to understand there is a story at the U. The speculation of a starting 5 on the offensive line is hereby open. The center position will be the most critical. While we have one of the most talented and experienced players lined up at center in Ryan Wynn, I like either Campion or Tommy Olson to challenge. At guard I would like to see Bunders, Orton, or Olson Tackle is where we will see the biggest improvement. Ed Olson Jr. at left tackle, and I am expecting BIG things from Jimmy Gjere at right tackle. Brooks Michel to back up either. This could be the most athletic starting line we have had in a long time. And with the coaching, I expect BIG improvement. And the biggest thing, they are all from Minnesota.

Offical Roster vs. GopherHole Scholarship Grid

Not sure about Green but pretty sure Jimmy Gjere will be a red shirt freshman and Brendan Beal will be a red shirt sophomore
http://robb.dominodeveloper.net/members/robb/gopherroster.nsf/rosterFB

Thanks Jon - I did know that the GopherHole scholarship grid have them listed as you described above but the official Gopher Football Roster site below does not. I much prefer that the GopherHole site is correct and the Gopher Football Roster site is wrong. There have been several earlier comments that would lead me to believe that is the case.

http://www.gophersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&SPID=3280&SPSID=38606

i really hope tommy olson redshirts we wont compete for the big ten title next anyways. I hope in a few years we wont be saying it would be really nice if he had another year of to play for the gophs

i really hope tommy olson redshirts we wont compete for the big ten title next anyways. I hope in a few years we wont be saying it would be really nice if he had another year of to play for the gophs

Tommy is absolutely jacked up compared to the twins. He would maul them

agreed, I have to think one of the experienced guys (bunders, orton, wynn) could give us about what Tommy could as a true frosh. I'd like him for a 5th yr at the end instead.

agreed, I have to think one of the experienced guys (bunders, orton, wynn) could give us about what Tommy could as a true frosh. I'd like him for a 5th yr at the end instead.

I don't disagree, but everywhere I've seen or heard Kill or Limegrover being interviewed, the talk about Tommy and Campion playing as freshmen...

Yeah, it's tough with a guy like Tommy Olson. I understand that he would be better in seasons 2-5 than he would be in seasons 1-4, but he will be one of the better OLineman on this team right now. I don't think a team when it is rebuilding neccesarily should RS every single player because I think it's important to play the best guys. I guess my point is, if you are good enough to actually start/play significant minutes, than losing your RS isn't a waste. If you are playing spot duty, well, that's a waste.

On a side note....

I think our depth chart will look like this...

LT: Olson / Michel
LG: Bunders / Mottla
C: Olson / Epping
RG: Wynn / Orton
RT: Gjere / Campion

Bunders and E. Olson are locks. I think C is T. Olson's best position, but it wouldn't shock me to see him played at G rather than C just because of his age and they'd let Wynn play C and call the blocking assignments. RT could be an all out battle between Gjere, Campion, Orton and Michel....should be interesting.

When he has the strength Gjere should be great, moves like a real athlete.

Top Bottom