Young Coughlin's Leadership Needed

I hope Coughlin's leadership comes through .

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src="http://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/anvload.html?key=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" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

Was very impressed with the interview very well spoken

Two impressive individuals IMHO.

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src="http://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/anvload.html?key=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" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

Carter was destined to be a team leader the moment he signed. Vocal in a positive way from day 1. Great proponent to keeping other local talent in state. Agree we need him, and many others to do the same, continue to lead by purpose and example.

Huge difference between the freshman LB vs the 5th year Sr QB. Amazing.

A devastating broadside vs the administration and the EOAA process. The Coughlins bleed maroon and gold and Carter will likely stay despite having year available. Very sad day all around.

Mandatory viewing.

Notes for GopherHolers. My takeaways:

- Emotion is high. That's ok. It sucks.
- The administration most likely has a plan.
- Let's wait and see who new staff is.

Did you listen to the interview? Said basically the same thing less directly.

Yes, I did. How you (CC & ML) present yourself it this moment makes all the difference. We have a freshman breaking down the situation as a senior should.

Maybe Mitch isn't comfortable talking in public? Like it or not, he's in the spot light. He's done a terrible job tonight communicating on behalf of the Gopher football program. He's not helping the situation, only making it worse.

I'm really impressed with CC; he appears to be genuinely authentic. While showing raw emotion he still conveys a message about being patient. That's leadership. Seems like Mitch is saying it's ok to transfer and it will suck to be the new coach. Huge difference between the two.

Mandatory viewing.

Notes for GopherHolers. My takeaways:

- Emotion is high. That's ok. It sucks.
- The administration most likely has a plan.
- Let's wait and see who new staff is.

Funny, my takeaway was he's angry, the guys are angry, Coyle tweeted out a "bland" text a full hour after the story broke, and both feel the process and the firing were terrible and Claeys was a good man and leader. It's clear there is zero respect for Coyle. Toxic situation.

Yes, I did. How you (CC & ML) present yourself it this moment makes all the difference. We have a freshman breaking down the situation as a senior should.

Maybe Mitch isn't comfortable talking in public? Like it or not, he's in the spot light. He's done a terrible job tonight communicating on behalf of the Gopher football program. He's not helping the situation, only making it worse.

I'm really impressed with CC; he appears to be genuinely authentic. While showing raw emotion he still conveys a message about being patient. That's leadership. Seems like Mitch is saying it's ok to transfer and it will suck to be the new coach. Huge difference between the two.

My kids will not be attending the U until the climate changes. Why risk your boys future when there are equal or better options?

I'm very sure Coughlin Sr sent his boy to the U in large part because of the values and leadership of the just-fired staff and is rethinking his decision and advice. They are in wait and see mode and explicitly said they expect there better be a plan

I thought that was John Cena for a second.

My kids will not be attending the U until the climate changes. Why risk your boys future when there are equal or better options?

I'm very sure Coughlin Sr sent his boy to the U in large part because of the values and leadership of the just-fired staff and is rethinking his decision and advice. They are in wait and see mode and explicitly said they expect there better be a plan

First he expressed his concerns/disappointments. Then talked about moving forward. Expectations for the future, I like it- put a plan together. Thoughts expressed by a freshman, not a senior.

There's a better chance I wake up with a full head of hair tomorrow than CC transferring from the U. It won't happen. Ever.

First he expressed his concerns/disappointments. Then talked about moving forward. Expectations for the future, I like it- put a plan together. Thoughts expressed by a freshman, not a senior.

There's a better chance I wake up with a full head of hair tomorrow than CC transferring from the U. It won't happen. Ever.

Carter Coughlin
@Cmoe34

How can someone makes such an idiotic decision...
2:00 PM - 3 Jan 2017

Listen to this and tell me Claeys was the problem.

Huge difference between the freshman LB vs the 5th year Sr QB. Amazing.

There was an interview leading up to Wisconsin game when Leidner took a subtle shot at last year's seniors IMO. now his latest comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is if the players feel they've got a bad relationship with the administration... I don't think players or even misc coaches can fix that.

Even if you like your boss, if you feel your boss's boss is out to get you... doesn't matter that much.

Coyle needs to work with these guys. It won't be easy, but 850k a year, get on it man.

Problem is if the players feel they've got a bad relationship with the administration... I don't think players or even misc coaches can fix that.

Even if you like your boss, if you feel your boss's boss is out to get you... doesn't matter that much.

Coyle needs to work with these guys. It won't be easy, but 850k a year, get on it man.

So true. It really doesn't matter what Coyle thinks of the players. The perception from the football players is that Coyle is out to get them, whether he is or isn't, the perception is there and it will eventually cost him his job. It might not be today or tomorrow, but it will happen eventually down the road. Unfortunately for him, football drives most athletic programs and the attitude on the football team will resonate around the athletic program.

I would be anxious to know what the following:
1) What the average student athlete at the U of M think of the situation
2) What the average student athlete thinks of Coyle
3) What the students inside the apartment building where the incident took place think

so long. one of these guys that was afraid that woman are taking over the world. I am glad that my daughter will not be going to school with his sons.

So true. It really doesn't matter what Coyle thinks of the players. The perception from the football players is that Coyle is out to get them, whether he is or isn't, the perception is there and it will eventually cost him his job. It might be today or tomorrow, but it will happen eventually down the road. Unfortunately for him, football drives most athletic programs and the attitude on the football team will resonate around the athletic program.

I would be anxious to know what the following:
1) What the average student athlete at the U of M think of the situation
2) What the average student athlete thinks of Coyle
3) What the students inside the apartment building where the incident took place think

Yup, he doesn't have to like them, he doesn't have to like the situation for feel responsible.... but he's AD and if they have a problem with him at 850k+ it's his job to work that relationship.

Give the players some time. I think many of them will learn from this and realize their anger should be directed to their team mates that let them down. I was on the fence about whether a change should be made and I was very shocked it happened, but I think it is going to be a good thing. It shows the general public and the student athletes that respect for other students and people is just as important as respect for your football team mates.

Carter Coughlin
@Cmoe34

How can someone makes such an idiotic decision...
2:00 PM - 3 Jan 2017
He states in the interview that he let it go a bit on twitter. He acknowledged it and moved on.

I think it is ironic (if not laughable) that people think that a 19 year-old is the one that needs to show leadership and try to clean up the mess created in part by the complete lack of leadership by the President and AD, two highly-paid "executives!"

Yup, he doesn't have to like them, he doesn't have to like the situation for feel responsible.... but he's AD and if they have a problem with him at 850k+ it's his job to work that relationship.

+1. The guy makes damn near as much as I do, and yet provides very little leadership which is implicit in his job description. This administration is in dire straights, believe me.

Leidner and Coughlin are in two completely different circumstances. Coughlin is staying -- his only option is to be patient and think about how to move forward. Leidner is leaving; he doesn't need to be patient or political. He was here for five years with Kill/Claeys helping to build. Think what you want about him as QB, he was a good leader for this team as captain for three years. And there he was, just moments after watching Coyle tear down what he helped build.

I think it is ironic (if not laughable) that people think that a 19 year-old is the one that needs to show leadership and try to clean up the mess created in part by the complete lack of leadership by the President and AD, two highly-paid "executives!"

I think it is more that folks want this to happen from a player. Nobody says we need to fire this player if he doesn't or anything.

But yeah most of us would rather an administrator get in there and try to do a thing.... I can't find any news on them actually doing any of that, sadly.

+1. The guy makes damn near as much as I do, and yet provides very little leadership which is implicit in his job description. This administration is in dire straights, believe me.

Hmm, $850k+ are YOU hiring?

Leidner and Coughlin are in two completely different circumstances. Coughlin is staying -- his only option is to be patient and think about how to move forward. Leidner is leaving; he doesn't need to be patient or political. He was here for five years with Kill/Claeys helping to build. Think what you want about him as QB, he was a good leader for this team as captain for three years. And there he was, just moments after watching Coyle tear down what he helped build.

Exactly

^ This is why I give Leidner a pass. He has paid his dues and is allowed to express his displeasure. He is simply pointing out that the administration is not supportive and has handled this matter like morons, and I agree with him.

Top Bottom