You Doubters, are you still out there?

husker70

Reaction score
4-0, BABY. This team isn't that good, the opposing QB will test the Gophers, I'm picking against the Gophers because I thought they would lucky to be 3-1, we haven't played anyone. What will be the next bit of negativity, we left about 6 points off the scoreboard, we coudn't stop them from driving the length of field? Is that all yah got? For all of you who are still pissing and moaning, you are missing a heck of a ride. I know I am celerating a win, your glass is probably empty.

Another thing, the Win over Sryause will do is get some East Coast publicity.

4-0 is great and the program is starting to turn, but there is work to be done. The kicking game is inconsistent at best. The offense tends to stall on second and third down and is still looking for an identity. The defense will have to continue to carry this team in the B10 season if they want to make a bowl game.

The only stats that matter on offensive and defense are points per game.

Seriously though, our defense was pure gangster tonight.

I have been slow to give the defense credit but they played out of their minds tonight and contained a very good offense. If the defense continues to play at that level for the remainder of the season we should be compete with pretty much anyone in the BIG.

Coming into the season I felt the team should be 3-1 or 4-0 coming out of non-conf play and they have done that. Still some definite areas for improvement, especially the kickers, but have to feel good about getting to 4-0 with conference play about to start.

I think this is still a 6 (maybe 7 because the B1G looks like dookie) win team. Nice to leave the non-conf unscathed but it wasn't exactly murderer's row.

I think we should all be extremely happy with where the program is at right now. Not because we're 4-0, although that certainly does feel good doesn't it, but because there is visible progress being made. Areas of perennial weakness along the defensive line and secondary suddenly have players winning their 1 on 1 battles. We hardly had to bring pressure tonight and that was very exciting to see. There are obviously areas we need to improve in and our competition has been lacking but last few years we have lost to bad teams. This year we're 4-0 and it feels good. Congrats the team, the coaches and the fans!

Great win for this young team. Give the game ball to the defense. 4 turnovers were killer! But we're still 0-0 in the Big Ten season.

I would never have guessed that the defense would play this well. Again, it is always nice when you have some players step up and provide the spark (Hageman, Whilite, WELLS!!!). And to think that we left points off the board. So fun to watch the team look superior in all facets of the game. It's been a while.

I tend to be an optimistic fan. I thought that it would be great for us to go bowling this year. I am upping my predictions. This is a team that could very well end up with eight wins. The defense is downright daunting. Kill stressed speed. We are seeing the payoff on the d-line.

This is by far our deepest D-Line since 1999 and maybe the best I've ever seen in my lifetime spanning 43 years.

I still think a good quarterback who throws accurately and quickly will pick us apart but not many of those can be found in the Big this year.

The Offense was pretty poor tonight but did get some key first downs that helped us milk the clock in the 4th quarter.

Whatever happened to Brandon Green? Where was Gillum?

THis

4-0 is great and the program is starting to turn, but there is work to be done. The kicking game is inconsistent at best. The offense tends to stall on second and third down and is still looking for an identity. The defense will have to continue to carry this team in the B10 season if they want to make a bowl game.

I think this is still a 6 (maybe 7 because the B1G looks like dookie) win team. Nice to leave the non-conf unscathed but it wasn't exactly murderer's row.

This is the best defense in a LIFETIME. Name another.

Enjoy it. Relish it. Embrace it.

You don't need a great O to win with this D.

This is by far our deepest D-Line since 1999 and maybe the best I've ever seen in my lifetime spanning 43 years.

I still think a good quarterback who throws accurately and quickly will pick us apart but not many of those can be found in the Big this year.

The Offense was pretty poor tonight but did get some key first downs that helped us milk the clock in the 4th quarter.

Whatever happened to Brandon Green? Where was Gillum?

Carder......Nassib. These are not bad QBs by any means. Is it possible that our D-backs are simply playing well? Keep in mind, the Orange were able to put 41 points up against NW (in a game they should have won if not for a gift flag) and 29 against USC. They got 10 against us, with the lone touchdown coming against our prevent defense. Were there some misfires? Sure. But give credit where it is due. The defense once again, played very well. It's about time that we can attribute a win to the solid play of the defense, not the poor play of the opposing offense.

I sure am not a doubter that this team is going in the right direction.

But I think we will see a couple of "come back down to earth" moments this season. And two more wins would be excellent in a second year, three would be amazing.

But I think we will see a couple of "come back down to earth" moments this season. And two more wins would be excellent in a second year, three would be amazing.

Maybe I am a Positive Patsy but I think we can go into every game the rest of the season with a good chance of winning. We're not going to be expected to win every game, but we will have a strong chance and and definitely should feel confident.

It's amazing how before every game this season the peanut gallery was saying "the team we play this week is a real team and should show everyone that the Gophs aren't that good.". Then after we win the same folks say " that team they played sucked and the win doesn't provoke a thing...just wait til this week when they play a real team." I get it, we haven't been playing world beaters but...

Maybe I am a Positive Patsy but I think we can go into every game the rest of the season with a good chance of winning. We're not going to be expected to win every game, but we will have a strong chance and and definitely should feel confident.

It's amazing how before every game this season the peanut gallery was saying "the team we play this week is a real team and should show everyone that the Gophs aren't that good.". Then after we win the same folks say " that team they played sucked and the win doesn't provoke a thing...just wait til this week when they play a real team." I get it, we haven't been playing world beaters but...

I really hope you are right. I just think expectations for year two should be expectations for year two. Besides, I have way too much expectation crushing experience with the Gophers!

I must be missing those threads. What I have been hearing over the past few weeks is that the competition is getting better and we can start to make real determinations about where the team is at. I don't recall people saying that Syracuse is a bad team, they certainly are not a great team but they were the best team we had played to date and had a legit offense.

We are 4-0 and to date have beaten 4 teams that frankly as a BIG team we should expect to beat. That has not been the case around here the past few years though so that is a positive sign. The defense played awesome last night and has been solid all year, if they keep it up we absolutely should be in the game with pretty much anyone left on our schedule. That being said the offense needs to find a rythem and the kicking game has to improve or it won't matter how good the defense plays.

The people that are over the moon about 4-0 will get bent out of shape by those that are not cracking the bubbly quite yet. Bottom line is the team is 4-0 but the competition has been pretty weak overall (not saying the defensive performance last night was meaningless just that the overall ability of the teams we have played is not great). Now we get into conference play so the real season begins. I am cautiously optimistic about where things are headed but I also remember 2008 when Brew had the team sitting at 7-1 in late October before the wheels came off, and we all know how that story ended so it is going to be tough for me to get overly excited about these first 4 games.

Best case scenario for today was 4-0 and Iowa certainly looks beatable so 5-0 is a very realistic possibility before coming home to face Northwestern.

Now begins B10 play. We will really see how well this team this team matches up moving forward. I predict 2 B10 wins. Anything more would be just superb. Remember this is only year 2. Kill is really just now getting his fingerprints on this team, and the improvement is clear. Good game for the recruits to see. I hope they enjoyed it.

4-0, BABY. This team isn't that good, the opposing QB will test the Gophers, I'm picking against the Gophers because I thought they would lucky to be 3-1, we haven't played anyone. What will be the next bit of negativity, we left about 6 points off the scoreboard, we coudn't stop them from driving the length of field? Is that all yah got? For all of you who are still pissing and moaning, you are missing a heck of a ride. I know I am celerating a win, your glass is probably empty.

Another thing, the Win over Sryause will do is get some East Coast publicity.

you my man have been given the "Post of the Year Award"
we arent competitive at all-reminds me of 4-0 mason and no wins during the big ten

Are you out there Husker? Enjoying your Saturday. You were right all along, this is a great ride. 5-0 baby.

sorry mr lang arts teacher, didnt know i was getting graded on a msg board?

You're not being graded. It's just that when someone bumps a thread on a Gopher message board mocking Gopher fans who were excited about going 4-0, they open themselves up to criticism. You just happen to either hate punctuation or not understand punctuation. I gave you the benefit of the doubt in thinking that no one was dumb to understand so little about punctuation.

you my man have been given the "Post of the Year Award"
we arent competitive at all-reminds me of 4-0 mason and no wins during the big ten

Holy crap. I think I just became more stupid reading this. I agree with everyone else..........try punctuation sometime. This post is embarrassing.

Top Bottom