You cant be serious Brew?

gophermanic

Banned
Reaction score
As for Weber, Brewster expressed no concern about him individually after Saturday's loss.

"He did some good things today," Brewster said. "But, shoot, he needs help. When he gets help, obviously the stats show up big in his favor.

"But I don't have anything to not feel good about Adam Weber's performance today."

10-22 101 yards 0 TDs and 1 INT.

If thats good things, I would like to see BAD things! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't expect any coach to say much else after a game. As woeful as Weber has been a college coach can't throw a kid under the bus if he wants to get anything out of him or a lot of other kids on the team the rest of the season.

I'm sorry, but being an enabler is just as bad as the one that is being the perpetrator, this isn't Pop Warner football, and we are not idiots.

I genuinely cannot think of a time a coach has come out in a post game presser and lit into one of his players or done anything worse than maybe a backhanded compliment.

That's pretty funny

"He did some good things today," Brewster said. "But, shoot, he needs help. When he gets help, obviously the stats show up big in his favor.

I agree with that. He made a couple throws, but he does need help.

"But I don't have anything to not feel good about Adam Weber's performance today."

You know that's not true but most coaches in college really go out of their way to protect players. I'm guessing Brew is doing everything in his power to make sure people know that Weber is the man.

I genuinely cannot think of a time a coach has come out in a post game presser and lit into one of his players or done anything worse than maybe a backhanded compliment.

I have heard many a coach rip into his players in a postgame presser and even tell the media that said player/player's are 1. benched or 2. on the hot seat. try another one.

I have heard many a coach rip into his players in a postgame presser and even tell the media that said player/player's are 1. benched or 2. on the hot seat. try another one.
Heh, if you've got me pegged as a Brewster backer you're barking up the wrong tree. I just don't think this is a big deal personally. :)

You are right, its not a big deal, I just get sick of coaches lying all the time. By the way I loved A-AK when he played here and wish we had a QB with that kind of heart and leadership now.

i have never heard a coach come out and say something like: "our qb is awful, i think he should give up up football and move to the middle east due to the performance he gave today!"

i just cant wait until weber does get benched, gray comes in, and when gray struggles this board all says brewster is a fraud and cant recruit. weber is becoming a problem but i still stick to the o-line is where our biggest issues remain! hopefully weber starts the ohio st game and after that we go to gray. i never assumed we were winning the big ten titile this season, i figured we were a 7-5 team, and at this point my only surprise is weber's play. i expected the o-line to be bad, i expected our defense to be fairly solid, and i expected the wrong game to be up and down. i just didnt expect weber to be so inconsistent even when he does have time in the pocket he is struggling. so bring on gray, but wait until after the ohio st game cause they will beat on him!

Most good quarterbacks can put up solid stats even with bad/average players around them. That's the second game with around 100 yards, no TD, and a pick. You can't blame all of that on the players around him...

gophermaniac you must not follow sports that much. find me a single quote from a single hc in the nation today ripping his qb. just one. that's all.

As for Weber, Brewster expressed no concern about him individually after Saturday's loss.

10-22 101 yards 0 TDs and 1 INT.

If thats good things, I would like to see BAD things! :rolleyes:

what recruits would ever want to play for him if they see or hear interviews in which he tosses his players under the bus. as a college coach no matter how bad a player plays or how big of a mistake someone makes the coach will always protect the player. you can rip players at the pro level, not the college.

Sure Brew is in denial about the reality of his qb

situation...lying to himself and GN to protect his qb, team and the rest of his season. When his coordinators didn't produce the results he wanted, he got rid of them...no soppy sentiment there.

However, he's got five more games to play, a decent bowl game at stake, his contract extension to worry about and he certainly can't afford to let this team get "down", go into a "funk" and quit on him/GN. What are his options? He can't go out and sign new players for the rest of the season and if Gray was ready to handle the load, he would probably have been running the show games ago.

Everyone knows Brew is a "glass-half-full" guy and he'll spin this "egg-laying" into even more motivation for tOSU IMHO. GN knows the talent match-up versus the Bucks is tough...but who gave Purdue a shot?

You are right, its not a big deal, I just get sick of coaches lying all the time. By the way I loved A-AK when he played here and wish we had a QB with that kind of heart and leadership now.

I get being upset with the way Weber's playing, but you can't question the kid's heart.

Also, I like Asad and all, but I'd have a hard time coming up with a quarterback who's success was more a product of the people around him than his was here.

How about if Brew had said:

Adam had a rough game out there today. The pick he threw is inexcusable. But he'll get through this and come out strong next week against the Buckeyes.

Brew won't go there on the second sentence...

entirely contra to his optimistic persona. Further, it's amateur collegiate fb played by student-athletes...not pros...everything on-the-field..ie "mistakes, snafus, poor execution"...within the rules of the game/program is usually excusable...there is generally no "perfection" expected on a consistent basis at this level. Even the mighty Lions commited several stupid penalties throughout the game to open the door for the Gs...even though they couldn't capitalize on them.

Top Bottom