Yet another parking question

Keokolo Gopher

kama'aina
Reaction score
I pick my seats next week and plan on spending an extra $1,000.00 ($250.00 per seat annual giving x 4) to obtain a parking spot in zone 2. There are several lots that are blocked off currently so that the U can gauge interest in premium parking. What happens if there are hundreds of unsold spaces in the premium tailgating lots? Will they then be sold at a reduced cost or on a game by game basis? Might it be prudent to wait on the parking?

I pick my seats next week and plan on spending an extra $1,000.00 ($250.00 per seat annual giving x 4) to obtain a parking spot in zone 2. There are several lots that are blocked off currently so that the U can gauge interest in premium parking. What happens if there are hundreds of unsold spaces in the premium tailgating lots? Will they then be sold at a reduced cost or on a game by game basis? Might it be prudent to wait on the parking?

I would doubt you will see them sold at a reduced cost. Otherwise everyone who already picked would revolt. The U has already said that they will only allow "gameday parking" in the STP lots. So unless they change this policy on the fly then IDK what would happen to donation parking lots that are left unfilled. If they don't fill out it would be a shame to waste the space. I'd toss this one out to the Gopher Points e-mail addy and see what they say.

The U is screwing the pooch on this

I think the eggheads and bean counters over at Bierman have vastly overestimated the amount of parking thay they can sell in advance. I think when the whole ticket selection process plays it self out over the next month-and-a-half there will be hundreds of spaces available on the East Bank available to be purchased. I hope they have a plan in place when that becomes reality and don't try to firesale the leftovers.

Keoloko, you may be wise to check in with the powers-that-apparently-be and see if it would behoove to be patient and purchase your parking passes at a later date and the in the lot you truly want.

256111215v15_350x350_Front.jpg

There are only 1,300 tailgate spots on the East Bank left. Looks like they are moving at a pace of 25-30 per day, so most of these will likely get taken at some point.

Parking surplus??

I doubt that there will be much in the way of leftover spaces on the east bank. If there are, I could see them relaxing the limits on the number of spaces (e.g. I have four season tickets and that entitles me to buy one parking pass. I'd like two and would buy a second one if they eliminated the restriction that I can only have one.) If they have spaces in the lots requiring donations, I'd expect that they would use them as a way to reward sponsors, large donors, VIPs, etc, rather than selling them at a reduced price or eliminating the donation requirement.

Top Bottom