Wyoming and BYU game....

Reaction score
At Qualcomm in San DIego. First of all the rain is chewing up the field. I hope they get it repaired by
Next week. ( Grass field ). Second of all, Wyoming mirrors the Gopher football team. Mitch type QB
David Cobb type back in Brian Hill in a run first offense. Bend don't break defense. Maybe not as good as the Gophers. The offense sets are scary close to Minnesota. This is what you would get with Craig Bohl. Maybe 7-8 win seasons.

At Qualcomm in San DIego. First of all the rain is chewing up the field. I hope they get it repaired by
Next week. ( Grass field ). Second of all, Wyoming mirrors the Gopher football team. Mitch type QB
David Cobb type back in Brian Hill in a run first offense. Bend don't break defense. Maybe not as good as the Gophers. The offense sets are scary close to Minnesota. This is what you would get with Craig Bohl. Maybe 7-8 win seasons.

I certainly hope we never hire Craig Bohls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second of all, Wyoming mirrors the Gopher football team. Mitch type QB

I would take Josh Allen over Mitch and Allen still has eligibility. I think he is in his 1st year as a starter. So, comparing that to Mitch's senior year as a four year starter is a not a great comparison. Bohl is in a tough spot taking on a school within a strong football tradition or other allure to make recruiting work. I can't imagine him wanting to end his career there.

Again, just so everyone is aware............whether you like Craig Bohl or Not.......If Craig Bohl is hired by another school, the University of Wyoming would be owed $6.5 million - - which begins to scale back each year. We are not writing a check for $6.5 million to UWYO Athletics Department to get Craig Bohl to Coach the University of Minnesota.

Like I said..."Mitch" type QB. Just threw a game ending interception. I believe that was his third pick in the game.

The whole game was Gopheresque with Wyoming playing the part of Minnesota. They went into the game as a decided underdog and played a poor first half that featured critical mistakes. They staged a spirited 2nd half rally and the game was there to be taken at the end. Alas, they were done in by a last minute pass that should not have been thrown. The script was so familiar.

Did not know about the 6.5M to Bohl. Agreed that is not happening. It will be interesting to see if they pursue Fleck. He is apparently in the process of renegotiating his contract, yet they are at am impasse. I wonder if the impasse is Coyle offering 2.5M/year? Also, Fleck buyout is 600k(decreases 200k every year)

This whole process will tell us a lot about Coyle. If he stays with Claeys, then he damn well better get out and sell the program. Enough of this behind the scenes guy. He appears weak.

The major thing learned last night is why watching a game played in the snow can be a lot of fun, watching a game played in heavy rain is not.

Anything "learned" about QB play from only watching last night's game is an illusion at best. The only comparable thing between Leidner and Allen was the completion %, everything else favors Allen. And yes, different teams, different schedules etc.

He would have been worth a couple of victories at least this year if he played for Minnesota, because the Gophers didn't play in any driving rainstorms. :cool:

Josh Allen Season Stats:

- 209 for 343 for 3207 yards
- 56% completion rate
- 8.59 yards per attempt
- 28 TD
- 15 interceptions
- QB rating of 144.9

Leidner stats:

- 162 of 287 for 2040 yards
- 56% completion rate
- 7.11 yards per attempt
- 7 TD
- 12 interceptions
- QB rating of 115.8

The whole game was Gopheresque with Wyoming playing the part of Minnesota. They went into the game as a decided underdog and played a poor first half that featured critical mistakes. They staged a spirited 2nd half rally and the game was there to be taken at the end. Alas, they were done in by a last minute pass that should not have been thrown. The script was so familiar.

Yea, that pass was awful. I almost screamed, "Mitch!!" by instinct.

The major thing learned last night is why watching a game played in the snow can be a lot of fun, watching a game played in heavy rain is not.

Anything "learned" about QB play from only watching last night's game is an illusion at best. The only comparable thing between Leidner and Allen was the completion %, everything else favors Allen. And yes, different teams, different schedules etc.

He would have been worth a couple of victories at least this year if he played for Minnesota, because the Gophers didn't play in any driving rainstorms. :cool:

Josh Allen Season Stats:

- 56% completion rate
- 8.59 yards per attempt
- 28 TD
- 15 interceptions
- QB rating of 144.9

Leidner stats:

- 56% completion rate
- 7.11 yards per attempt
- 7 TD
- 12 interceptions
- QB rating of 115.8

Ice. I"m talking about being the same type of QB. Also, the Mountain West isn't the B1G Ten.
Just me, but I don't think the young man would've got us two more wins. In a lot of what he did last night I saw " Mitch Part Deau " , especially throwing into double coverage..

Quote Originally Posted by Iceland12 View Post

He would have been worth a couple of victories at least this year if he played for Minnesota, because the Gophers didn't play in any driving rainstorms.

Josh Allen Season Stats:

- 56% completion rate
- 8.59 yards per attempt
- 28 TD
- 15 interceptions
- QB rating of 144.9

Leidner stats:

- 56% completion rate
- 7.11 yards per attempt
- 7 TD
- 12 interceptions
- QB rating of 115.8

Ice. I"m talking about being the same type of QB. Also, the Mountain West isn't the B1G Ten.
Just me, but I don't think the young man would've got us two more wins. In a lot of what he did last night I saw " Mitch Part Deau " , especially throwing into double coverage..

I know about the schedule. That's why I mentioned it the 4th sentence. Also reads as if last night was the first time you saw Allen play. A game played in a heavy downpour for most of it. Didn't watch it until the end. It was damn near unwatchable. Don't know if it was still raining or not. If you and Ted say he looked bad throwing that interception no reason to doubt it.

He threw 2 by the way.

Just saying if anyone made decisions based on last night's game, they might be a little unsupported.

Did you see San Diego State beat Houston 34-10 in last Saturday's Las Vegas Bowl? Houston came in at 9-3 and the Aztecs 10-3.

Can't see how Houston got to 9 wins. They've got to be one of the lowest scoring teams in College Football huh?

Hey, I kid.... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceland12 View Post

He would have been worth a couple of victories at least this year if he played for Minnesota, because the Gophers didn't play in any driving rainstorms.

Josh Allen Season Stats:

- 56% completion rate
- 8.59 yards per attempt
- 28 TD
- 15 interceptions
- QB rating of 144.9

Leidner stats:

- 56% completion rate
- 7.11 yards per attempt
- 7 TD
- 12 interceptions
- QB rating of 115.8

I know about the schedule. That's why I mentioned it the 4th sentence. Also reads as if last night was the first time you saw Allen play. A game played in a heavy downpour for most of it. Didn't watch it until the end. It was damn near unwatchable. Don't know if it was still raining or not. If you and Ted say he looked bad throwing that interception no reason to doubt it.

He threw 2 by the way.

Just saying if anyone made decisions based on last night's game, they might be a little unsupported.

Did you see San Diego State beat Houston 34-10 in last Saturday's Las Vegas Bowl? Houston came in at 9-3 and the Aztecs 10-3.

Can't see how Houston got to 9 wins. They've got to be one of the lowest scoring teams in College Football huh?

Hey, I kid.... ;)
Saw the Cowboys play 5 games this year. Basically because I wanted to see if Bohl could get them going this year. At least Allen had a TE. he could throw too. He just reminded me of Mitch.
Will have to see how he progresses.

Saw the Cowboys play 5 games this year. Basically because I wanted to see if Bohl could get them going this year. At least Allen had a TE. he could throw too. He just reminded me of Mitch.
Will have to see how he progresses.

Fair enough.

Top Bottom