WV QB

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Small world stuff: (1) WVU’s QB, Jarrett Doege, is the younger brother of Seth Doege, who quarterbacked Texas Tech to a 34-31 win over the Gophers in the 2012 Meineke Car Care Bowl in Houston. (2) Jarrett Doege transferred to WVU after playing his first two college seasons at … Bowling Green. Good thing I’m not superstitious.

And he is now in the transfer portal.

Based on what I saw he may stay there a while.

In fairness, he was getting mauled in the bowl game. He'll find a place if he is immediately eligible. Do you remember how terrible our QB situation was in the 2017 season and the uncertainty going into the 2018 season? There are always going to be teams in those situations who will welcome a very experienced transfer like him.

Why do I feel like Jerry Kill would like him at New Mexico State?

Well, based upon how much he was beat up in the bowl game, I think he would want to go to a team with some semblance of an offensive line. New Mexico State allowed 3.33 sacks per game this season (#119 in the nation) so I think he would hope for a better offer. West Virginia was #111 with 2.92 per game so I guess that's a partial explanation for our dramatic improvement in sacking the QB during the bowl. For reference, Gophers are tied for 31st place with 1.69 sacks allowed per game. Army is the best with .54 sacks allowed per game (makes sense because they don't pass much) and Georgia is 2nd .79 per game allowed.

In fairness, he was getting mauled in the bowl game. He'll find a place if he is immediately eligible. Do you remember how terrible our QB situation was in the 2017 season and the uncertainty going into the 2018 season? There are always going to be teams in those situations who will welcome a very experienced transfer like him.
It was a joke.

Top Bottom