WTF Big Ten Network....

gopherguy05

Section 246 Row 4
Reaction score
So friday night tailgate is in Minneapolis this week. They do a segment called "alumni interview" every week, which is either a prominent alum, or a famous figure like a coach from the past.

Past examples were:
Gene Keady for Purdue, Chris Hansen(the dateline guy) for Michigan State, Kendall Gill for Illinois, Pat Fitzgerald for Northwestern, Dan Gable for Iowa...etc.

Who's the Gophers interview with? Carl Eller? Garrison Keilor? Marion Barber? Nope....

Glen Fricking Mason.....you've got to be kidding me.....

Way to completely cop out and fail miserably BTN......

So friday night tailgate is in Minneapolis this week. They do a segment called "alumni interview" every week, which is either a prominent alum, or a famous figure like a coach from the past.

Past examples were:
Gene Keady for Purdue, Chris Hansen(the dateline guy) for Michigan State, Kendall Gill for Illinois, Pat Fitzgerald for Northwestern, Dan Gable for Iowa...etc.

Who's the Gophers interview with? Carl Eller? Garrison Keilor? Marion Barber? Nope....

Glen Fricking Mason.....you've got to be kidding me.....

Way to completely cop out and fail miserably BTN......

What was Mason's degree in?

That is pretty weak since he works for them.

Did you guys see the Eric Small-Garrett Brown segment? That was pretty good.

I liked what brown said about samall he said he needs a new grill!!

It's some of the worst tele-journalism I've ever seen on this show. They make a complete mockery of the campus tour, and the two guys who conduct the tour are complete tools.

It's some of the worst tele-journalism I've ever seen on this show. They make a complete mockery of the campus tour, and the two guys who conduct the tour are complete tools.

I agree totally! those guys that do the campus tour make it hard to watch. It makes me feal almost embarrassed to watch the show at all no matter if its in MN or anywhere else in the BigTen...its sad.

Apparently you are kind of new to self-deprecating sketch comedy.

They make a mockery of every campus they go on. I've given up on the tailgate show....I watched it the first year and it was okay, but now it's totally unwatchable. Lloyd Carr wanted to beat the living daylights out of the dude reporter that was interviewing him when it was Michigan's day.

Here is what I want....give me tours of the campus and then give me tours of the stadiums on the campuses. Give me footage of tailgating and fan fare leading up to the game (has to be from previous games of course). Follow a kid around for a week showing what life is like going to school at the U of M.

You can be funny, but do it in the right areas. Right now it's all a big joke and they usually aren't funny.

Mason ... totally lazy on the part of BTN. Tons of other choices, that would have been more interesting to hear from.

Top Bottom