Wren/Loon finally banned at Scout

rugger14

Reaction score
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=176&f=1102&t=3816459

He finally crossed the line one too many times with accusations of paying players and a snide racially directed remark about grades and dropping out of school. It all happened on a thread about Brock. I think that means he is banned everywhere but the STRIB blog.

how do you ban someone? can't he use fake/other people's info to sign up under a diff account?

I'm afraid I was involved in that one. He made a remark in one of the threads implying Brew was doing something illegal and I just could not let it slip by! I guess it was the last straw for him! If it is the same person, he went by the moniker "theoldcynic"

I'm afraid I was involved in that one. He made a remark in one of the threads implying Brew was doing something illegal and I just could not let it slip by! I guess it was the last straw for him! If it is the same person, he went by the moniker "theoldcynic"

You just called him out. He deserved it. The mods are very patient over there. He would have been banned on other boards halfway through the football season.

I don't think he ever really saw

all the wonderful improvements Brewster has brought to our program. His loss, our gain.

AFAIK

Coupla points...

Wren was never racist. He just had two or three quite dead horses that he like to beat, usually for about 9 or ten *very* repetitious paragraphs. He is still posting on the Strib blog (Youngblood's) fairly frequently - look for the *long* posts if you're interested in seeing what we're talking about.

I think the moderators here just felt that he was just posting incessantly on the same topics. He didn't seem to deal well with other posters telling him that they thought that he was wrong. I suppose none of us deal with it all that well, but most of us are content to just let a thread drop after a bit of discussion, or even apologize once in awhile if we mis-interpret things. Wren pretty much never was....

Loon, on the other hand, was shorter. And IMHO meaner. As mentioned above in this thread, he seems to have two hobby horses. One is that you can't recruit well at Minnesota, so anybody who does (e.g., the current coach) *has* to be cheating to attract recruits.

The other one is related. He worked as a teacher in the Canadian school system, and seemed/seems to have an animus against student-athletes of a particular race (That they don't have the academic 'ability' to fctn at the UMN). I won't dignify it any more than that. He's been quite justly banned from several places.

Loon's response to being banned from the Strib blog:

With the exception of Dunbar getting moved into a closet, there just really hasn’t been anything the Brew Crew over at Scout could even attempt to spin into good news regarding Gopher football for more than three months now. Those poor boys and girls on Scout just got tired of all that reality and needed to scapegoat somebody. I’m always good for that sort of shoot the messenger stuff.

It is important in this modern age for most boys and girls to just not have to see, hear or read any truth they do not want to see, hear or read.

However, I am fatally old fashioned about just sticking to reality as best I can, where I can, if I can. T

However, I am fatally old fashioned about just sticking to reality as best I can, where I can, if I can. T

Loon is definitely old fashioned. When attending public events, he always sticks with the classic attire:

2543684764_2374aac3fa.jpg

Coupla points...

Wren was never racist. He just had two or three quite dead horses that he like to beat, usually for about 9 or ten *very* repetitious paragraphs. He is still posting on the Strib blog (Youngblood's) fairly frequently - look for the *long* posts if you're interested in seeing what we're talking about.

I think the moderators here just felt that he was just posting incessantly on the same topics. He didn't seem to deal well with other posters telling him that they thought that he was wrong. I suppose none of us deal with it all that well, but most of us are content to just let a thread drop after a bit of discussion, or even apologize once in awhile if we mis-interpret things. Wren pretty much never was....

Loon, on the other hand, was shorter. And IMHO meaner. As mentioned above in this thread, he seems to have two hobby horses. One is that you can't recruit well at Minnesota, so anybody who does (e.g., the current coach) *has* to be cheating to attract recruits.

The other one is related. He worked as a teacher in the Canadian school system, and seemed/seems to have an animus against student-athletes of a particular race (That they don't have the academic 'ability' to fctn at the UMN). I won't dignify it any more than that. He's been quite justly banned from several places.

Absolutely on the money...

I don't know this Loon.

Perhaps you should post some of these racist remarks on this site so we can judge for ourselves if they are racist or whether you are just saying they are racist so you can discredit someone you don't agree with. You know, there is a lot of that sort of thing going on now days.

Perhaps you should post some of these racist remarks on this site so we can judge for ourselves if they are racist or whether you are just saying they are racist so you can discredit someone you don't agree with. You know, there is a lot of that sort of thing going on now days.

He basicially stated that Minnesota shouldn;t be recruiting any "fast athletic" players because all they would do is come to town, gangbang, and commit crimes. We would all be a lot happier and safer if we just stuck to recruiting white farm boys from the dakotas.

Believe me, and nearly everbody else, we're better off without him here. If you need convincing try posting at the strib for a while. It won't take long and you'll never waste your time again. It'll be because of those two and their various alias.

He basicially stated that Minnesota shouldn;t be recruiting any "fast athletic" players because all they would do is come to town, gangbang, and commit crimes. We would all be a lot happier and safer if we just stuck to recruiting white farm boys from the dakotas.

Did he actually write that!?! Wow, that would be very bad. Thanks for the accurate quote. I read the Strib site but I never saw that bad one. Thanks again. Thankfully, none of my good teachers would ever say something like that.

Maybe they are back....

Could either one of them by Izatys98 or Goldy74s? Just a little suspicion I have..... :D

The thought had crossed my mind. If so they'll expose themselves soon enough.

Believe me, and nearly everbody else, we're better off without him here. If you need convincing try posting at the strib for a while. It won't take long and you'll never waste your time again. It'll be because of those two and their various alias.

Agreed. I posted on the Strib before finding GH and GI. What a complete waste time to read Wren's rants, and Iowa fans constantly go on there to flame, not to mention Loon. I feel bad for the casual observer or anyone associated with the team that is reading the Strib and comes across the commments on the blog. I'm afraid people may believe that is a reflection of what Gopher fans are thinking.

I really like Texas Gopher over on the Strib blog and I hope that he eventually moves over here instead. I just didn't want to tell him to do so on the Strib blog.

Top Bottom