WR concern and Rittenberg's Big Ten power rankings: Movin' on up!

Reaction score
I am not very confident in our receiver corp. I think that Mcknight and Green should get the edge over Stoudermire. I know he's fast but my friend who's a trainer says that he barely practices and his routes are shoddy. I know that we're more focused on running the ball and have recruited as such, but it would be nice to get a nice receiver who can get himself open.

Rittenberg Link T-8: http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/15525/big-ten-power-rankings-week-2-2

I believe Green has been dinged up (again?). Once again after watching a lot of football and seeing a lot of passes caught that aren't directly on target, I tend to get disappointed when our guys struggle to have to make adjustments on the ball and still catch them. I continue to hope with practice they get more focused. We have a long year and we have another game to improve.

Do most people think McKinght has the potiential to be a big time player? He always seems to make plays...

Ernie Wheelright was a BIG TIME player, but he struggled to catch anyball within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Ernie was special b/c he did it as a freshman in an offense where we relied heavily on the deep ball as part of our passing game. My issue right now with McKnight is the concentration to catch everything he gets his hands on and that includes a ball that is behind him. However, like ernie I like our chances when the ball is further then 10 yards down field for McKnight to come up huge.

I think we've got to give McKnight a little more time to show us what he can do. He's still pretty green, but I think he's progressing rapidly. Short passes are tougher because of the precision and positioning technique, longer ones tend to isolate the athletic component where a guy like Ernie and McKnight gain an edge.

I think a lot of people are pretty high on McKnight because he's still learning the game since he hardly played high school ball. The ceiling seems to be very high with him. Whether he gets there though is yet to be seen.

Top Bottom