WR Clive Georges

I wonder if he's a fallback in case they lose Harbison.

Per an article posted on Scout today: "I was scheduled to visit Minnesota last weekend but they ended up getting another receiver committed so it got canceled." No idea what this insinuates. I assume he isn't talking about McDonald or even Anyanwu because it seems like this commit must have been before this past weekend by the sounds of it.

From an article on scout:
Florida is the deepest state in America when it comes to producing Division 1 football players. Incredibly, nearly 400 players sign every February. That helps explain why it's easy for a lot of very good football players to fly under the recruiting radar. Scout's Mike Bakas takes a look at a classic example.

Other Blurbs:
- Miami apparently has some interest as well
- REALLY IMPRESSIVE: 10.86 100m Dash, 48.69 400m, and 45-3.5 triple jump. If he lived in Minnesota, he would either win or be top 3 in the state in the 100, either win or be runner-up in the 400, and would be a top 5 triple jumper.

From KeysNews.com:

Clive Georges is an old-fashioned high school athlete. If a sport is in season, he's playing.

In football, the 6-1 senior was a talented tight end, defensive safety and wide receiver. In track, he runs the 100 and 400 and does the triple jump.

But, it's basketball now, and Georges is playing that sport for Key West High School.

"I like the speed of the game, the excitement of the dunk and the crowd," said Georges, who averaged about 10 points a game last season for the Conchs, who open their season Wednesday night against Barrington Christian Academy at the Bobby Menendez Gymnasium.

He may have a fondness for basketball, but he says, "Football is easier than basketball." There wasn't much time between sports. The football season ended Thursday, Nov. 10, and he and other football players jumped quickly from that sport to basketball.

Georges, who turned 18 on Nov. 12, like most of his teammates, began playing basketball at the age of 7 or 8 in the PAL program at Douglass Gym.

In basketball and football, he started his freshman year on the Junior Varsity, moving up to the Varsity by mid-season. His basketball position is shooting guard or small forward. He says he likes rebounding "if Ja'Quan is not down there," meaning if teammate Je'Quan Lopez doesn't beat him to the errant shot.

Georges carries a chin beard, which he says he has had since his sophomore year. "I trim it a little bit, maybe once a month."

With a 2.9 grade point average, he hopes to go on to play football at a Division 1 college. He indicated he's still checking out schools.

He looks like a kid who body has grown a lot and now needs a little time to let everything else catch up.

As a runner? Well, let's just say he's no Jordan Wettstein. ;-) ;-)

He's impressively fast and it's not only straight line speed.

Plus, being he's from Key West, he'd obviously become the team's resident Hemingway expert!

Seriously, kid looks to be extremely fast.

From an article on scout:

Other Blurbs:
- Miami apparently has some interest as well
- REALLY IMPRESSIVE: 10.86 100m Dash, 48.69 400m, and 45-3.5 triple jump. If he lived in Minnesota, he would either win or be top 3 in the state in the 100, either win or be runner-up in the 400, and would be a top 5 triple jumper.

All of these numbers Royal posted here are from 2010, his sophomore track season. Sounds like he dealt with some injury issues last year (junior season) and had a rough season, maybe putting him under the radar.

Hmmm.
He says we got a WR recently?
Maybe it was Harbison going back to a solid commit. Otherwise that's a mystery signing.

Kid's got a 2nd and 3rd gear though, might be a good one.

He does look really fast and agile in that video, especially relative to his size.

Those track times are not very impressive for a BCS-level WR, though. They are certainly not in line with what is displayed in the video. If they really are his sophomore times, they actually are pretty good for a sophomore.

He does look really fast and agile in that video, especially relative to his size.

Those track times are not very impressive for a BCS-level WR, though. They are certainly not in line with what is displayed in the video. If they really are his sophomore times, they actually are pretty good for a sophomore.

Very good Soph times, I noticed however he doesn't need to slow down to cut on the field, which is what separates good track speed from good football speed.
I also noticed his 400 times are more impressive than his 100, which indicates he's faster in stride than in short bursts( if he gets up to speed he's gone) That's a good thing too, because short acceleration speed can be built and improved by strength training.
Crawford-Tufts is a similar case, I expect by his senior year he's much faster off the line and after the initial catch/cut to the open field than he was this past season.

I'm very curious who ends up in the WR spot Kill seems to want filled in this class whether it becomes McDonald, Georges, Gregory, KJ Maye, or someone else.

Can't coach speed...everything else can be taught.

I agree with previous posters that he might be a back up plan for whatever happens with McDonald/Gregory.

If he is good enough for Western Mich, he is good enough for me....

Per an article posted on Scout today: "I was scheduled to visit Minnesota last weekend but they ended up getting another receiver committed so it got canceled." No idea what this insinuates. I assume he isn't talking about McDonald or even Anyanwu because it seems like this commit must have been before this past weekend by the sounds of it.

They must not of had that much interest in him if they didn't even bring him up for a visit. Perhaps we recieved a "silent verbal" from McDonald or Gregory.

Just looked out Scout today and Georges has skyrocketed up the rankings. He is now the #79 WR in the country, only 4 spots behind Andre McDonald. Apparently this kid is no longer a sleeper.

Top Bottom