WR Brandon Green "Moving Well"

fryguy22

Maroon and Gold from birth
Reaction score
at a 6am workout, per recent Doogie tweet.

This is encouraging news, as many have questioned whether he will be available in the future - if he is 100% and effective it helps out a ton with our depth at WR.

Sweet. Thanks for posting this. Other than McKnight (and our starting QB), he is the only player to have been on the field for more than a handful of snaps at WR. Having him healthy to start alongside #6, or at least play significant minutes, would be huge. Having X. Brandon come back healthy would be clutch as well.

Keep in mind, he was just running straight ahead... didn't get to see him cut, etc. But talking with Gray after the workout, he said Green has been cutting well, so encouraging news.

Doogie,

How does this work, did you have to be invited to the workout, or does Kill basically say come to whatever you want? I know with Brew he gave you guys a 10 mn taste of drills for spring practices and Kill says they are open to everyone, should we expect better and more in-depth coverage of the Gophers this spring/year? Does it influence writers to write more/better pieces about the team when the coach is open and honest and allows writers freedom like Kill seems to do?

VERY encouraging. I wasn't counting on him, but having him out there would be excellent news for this offense.

sonnygarcia: everyone is required to be there to run at 6 a.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays... Wed. is just a lift day.
If you're curious on how I was there... thought it would make for a good visual story for Ch. 5, so I reached out to the media contact, Andy Seeley, and he was able to set it up for us. The Ch. 5 story will come soon, although my wife is due any day, so it's possible that Joe Schmit or Chris Long will write it.
As for more contact for reporters... yes, although Brew was the same way in his first year. Will it influence us to write/talk more positively? I don't think so... hopefully we are as objective as possible, both good and bad... although, I have never claimed to be objective with the University... when it comes to the teams at my alma mater, I am biased, but also won't shy away from speaking the truth.

sonnygarcia: everyone is required to be there to run at 6 a.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays... Wed. is just a lift day.
If you're curious on how I was there... thought it would make for a good visual story for Ch. 5, so I reached out to the media contact, Andy Seeley, and he was able to set it up for us. The Ch. 5 story will come soon, although my wife is due any day, so it's possible that Joe Schmit or Chris Long will write it.
As for more contact for reporters... yes, although Brew was the same way in his first year. Will it influence us to write/talk more positively? I don't think so... hopefully we are as objective as possible, both good and bad... although, I have never claimed to be objective with the University... when it comes to the teams at my alma mater, I am biased, but also won't shy away from speaking the truth.

By "required", do you mean "encouraged"? I guess I don't understand the off-season and coaches contact with players?

Cool, thanks. By "more/better" I just meant more stuff and better information because you are able to see everyone perform and not just say so and so "looks the part" because thats all the access you were given. I think it would be awesome to hear practice recaps of players of importance, outcome of team drills (ie- one on ones and those sorts) and hear about the young guys progressing through each practice and how they are performing; just more in-depth stuff like that now that the media has that kind of access.

Good luck with the delivery, best day of your life.

Winter workouts are required, summer workouts are "encouraged" which means they are required if you want to play.

Top Bottom