Wow - Tony Levine flips 5* receiver from Notre Dame to Houston

gophergv

Reaction score
http://eye-on-recruiting.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26895818/34652836

Notre Dame fans became a bit worried when five-star wide receiver Deontay Greenberry visited Houston earlier this week after giving a verbal commitment to the Irish, and it appears those worries weren't without reason.

CBSSports.com's Bryan Fischer confirmed on Wednesday that Greenberry had signed his letter of intent to play at Houston.

This comes as a big surprise as Greenberry had maintained all along that he wanted to go to school with his cousin, cornerback Tee Shepard. Shepard is a Notre Dame signing who signed his letter of intent to the school on Wednesday.

Greenberry is the ranked third amongst all wide receivers by MaxPreps, behind only Dorial Green-Beckham and Cayleb Jones. While losing Greenberry to Houston doesn't kill what's a pretty strong 2012 class for Notre Dame, it's also not the kind of news Brian Kelly and his staff were expecting to hear today.

I wonder what string of profanities escaped Kelly's mouth upon hearing this one.

I wonder what string of profanities escaped Kelly's mouth upon hearing this one.

Do you think he called in one of his QB's to let loose on them when he found out?

lol that's how i imagine it went. brilliant. fyi, nsfw (language) for those thinking of blaring that one in their office.

And to think some on this board are a little concerned over losing a relatively marginal recruit in Dinero Moss. Losing a 5 star, top 3 wide receiver...ouch Notre Dame!

The Notre Dame community is in absolute shock since he and his cousin Tee Sheppard had been committed almost a year and were a package deal but that video was hilarious and I'm sure every ND fan is rolling like that right now. Oh well.... happens to every team at some point. But this one really hurts...he was Michael Floyd's replacement. Totally screwed now.

I have a feeling Dinero Moss and to a lesser extent Brian Nicholson won't end up being hardly a big deal once everything is said and done.

Top Bottom