Wow - Photo: Plenty of seats available at TCU-Kansas game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS, this photo was taken during the 4th quarter of a tight TCU/KU game in which it was 24-17:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>It's one-score game here. You can cut the tension with a knife. <a href="http://t.co/JLdsUi906m">pic.twitter.com/JLdsUi906m</a></p>— Stefan Stevenson (@FollowtheFrogs) <a href="https://twitter.com/FollowtheFrogs/statuses/389104291274698752">October 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...o-plenty-of-seats-available-at-tcukansas-game

Go Gophers!!

I know that entrance to all TCU games (everything) is included with tuition, but WOW.

They showed a pic of the LSU/Florida game in the 4th quarter....announcers even mentioned how many empty seats there were.

I know that entrance to all TCU games (everything) is included with tuition, but WOW.

Maybe Gary P. should think about relieving his good friend up North.

That picture says a thousand words... unfortunately they probably didn't have enough fans to say 1 word each to reach that thousand...

My conspiracy theory was that we went to Gary Patterson and he sent us to Jerry Kill.

Maybe we wil be hitting redial on that soon. I hope not.

TCU is a really small school. They only have about 8500 undergrads. That's like the size of Winona State or MSU-Moorhead, and about half the size of MSU-Mankato or St. Cloud.

Even in football crazy Texas, and even in the DFW Metroplex, that has to be a pretty hard sell when a lot of people are UT, A&M or OU grads.

I never knew that TCU had attendance issues. Was the UT and OU Red River game at the same time?

This (TCU attendance figures vs. butts in seats) is a popular topic in some parts of Texas.

If you talk to a TCU grad, they'll probably tell you that a) it was "hot" yesterday and/or b) it was Kansas, what do you expect?

If you talk to fans of other Texas teams, they'll tell you that the greater exposure for TCU now that they are in the Big 12, shows that they aren't/weren't ready for primetime and that the only games that really do sell out are for Texas, OU and Texas Tech (or maybe a big non-conference opponent).

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between, but at roughly the same time TCU had all those fans masquerading as empty seats, Texas was drawing 92.5k at the Cotton Bowl and Texas Tech was drawing 57k at home against Iowa State (both at or very close to real attendance).

Also, in my experience, the fan bases generally tend to be mutually exclusive--I don't know too many Frog fans who are also big Longhorns fans. So, I doubt that the Red River Rivalry game affected TCU's attendance.

Much ado about nothing. Stadium capacity is 44,358. They've had 4 sellouts since 1984. It's the way it is.

Nebraska and Purdue had a lot of vacant seats even with a strong contingent of Husker fans there.

According to some TCU fans at that game, the vast majority of fans were crowded in the shade in the concourses. Take it for whatever it's worth.

And people in the B1G call US pathetic..

So does that mean tickets will be cheap when we play there?

Top Bottom