Wow, Jack Brewer very critical of coaching staff

KFAN is EXACTLy what a real media outlet should strive to be. Neutral. Not the garbage you clowns want, a bunch of smoke up your ass about the future of a terrible gopher program with a terrible coach, terrible assistants, terrible quarterback, and on and on.

Man you people are DELUSIONAL.

I call BS. KFAN is not neutral. Danny Downer and Gaardsy are not neutral, they giggle at their savagery of the Gophers. They never report the positive. The only neutral portion of the KFAN broadcast is the postgame, otherwise it's constant slamming of the Gopher's on all shows except the morning show.

I am not a fan of KFAN but I agree with a lot of what you say and those that keep complaining and saying they want the media here to represent the "real" media of the larger markets such as Chicago or New York should be careful. The New York media was ripping on some of the yankee players as they are winning the world series. These big market writers some call for would be ripping this team 1000 times more than they get here now.

No, big market sports talk radio is all about a balance between homerism and pessimism. The Yankees example is poor, no other team in America has that many manic fans. Listen to a good sports talk radio station in any better market ... come back and listen to KFAN a week, and you too will turn the dial. It's a sad excuse for sports radio.

No, big market sports talk radio is all about a balance between homerism and pessimism. The Yankees example is poor, no other team in America has that many manic fans. Listen to a good sports talk radio station in any better market ... come back and listen to KFAN a week, and you too will turn the dial. It's a sad excuse for sports radio.

PA's show is supposed to be the "love covenant", as in more of the homer side...........he was rather pissed that Brewster won't let assistant's come on and tell that side of the story. I'm sure someone will try to sing that song about a "mis-communication" but the reality is that none of them are ever on for a reason.

PA isn't a Gophers fan but Brewster and Gophers homers really have no excuse when the coach does something stupid like blacklisting a radio station because they aren't homerific enough.

PA's show is supposed to be the "love covenant", as in more of the homer side...........he was rather pissed that Brewster won't let assistant's come on and tell that side of the story. I'm sure someone will try to sing that song about a "mis-communication" but the reality is that none of them are ever on for a reason.

PA isn't a Gophers fan but Brewster and Gophers homers really have no excuse when the coach does something stupid like blacklisting a radio station because they aren't homerific enough.

PA shouldn't even be talking about the Gopher's. He has no knowledge of the program and the college game. It's nice that he's trying, but a few of us long-time Gopher fans could do a better job at it than PA.

Brewster (obvioulsy) should have handled the KFAN flap better, but it's just KFAN.

PA shouldn't even be talking about the Gopher's. He has no knowledge of the program and the college game. It's nice that he's trying, but a few of us long-time Gopher fans could do a better job at it than PA.

Brewster (obvioulsy) should have handled the KFAN flap better, but it's just KFAN.

I agree that he isn't a Gophers fan, but he doesn't have to be for the coordinators, or even Brewster himself, to go on and sell the positive message that you guys think should be on KFAN.

I agree that he isn't a Gophers fan, but he doesn't have to be for the coordinators, or even Brewster himself, to go on and sell the positive message that you guys think should be on KFAN.

Agreed. Love Covenant is right up Brew's alley.

isnt this a classic mason season

or am I missing something

get run out by the big boys

win a few you should and get 6 or 7 wins and go to a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ty bowl

HOW IS THIS NOT A MASON YEAR?

i keep hearing people whining for mason.......THIS IS MASON FOR PEETE"S SAKE

I call BS. KFAN is not neutral. Danny Downer and Gaardsy are not neutral, they giggle at their savagery of the Gophers. They never report the positive. The only neutral portion of the KFAN broadcast is the postgame, otherwise it's constant slamming of the Gopher's on all shows except the morning show.

So you don't like my Yankee example, why because it doesn't strengthen your argument, fine. Listen then to sports talk in Philly, Boston, or Chicago as example and tell me that they are not tougher on their teams than our media.

So you don't like my Yankee example, why because it doesn't strengthen your argument, fine. Listen then to sports talk in Philly, Boston, or Chicago as example and tell me that they are not tougher on their teams than our media.

No, because it's apples to oranges.

NY'ers are passionate fans of the Yankees, so they can offer their criticism... Dan Barreiro is not a fan of the Gophers, hence he cannot rip said program incessantly and get away with it.

I've lived in Chicago and worked in NYC, love the tough talk ... because I can tell how passionate they are. Here it's the same lame ripping without any love.

NY'ers are passionate fans of the Yankees, so they can offer their criticism... Dan Barreiro is not a fan of the Gophers, hence he cannot rip said program incessantly and get away with it.

I've lived in Chicago and worked in NYC, love the tough talk ... because I can tell how passionate they are. Here it's the same lame ripping without any love.

This.

This quote about sums it up. The ripping in other markets is because those doing the ripping want success for their teams, in our market (and KFAN in particular) those doing the ripping want the Gophers to fail. If folks can't see through that they are not listening real hard. All that said, today's performance was awful and deserves to be dissected by the media. I have had the good (or bad depending on your outlook) fortune to know some people in our local print and radio/TV media and if you believe their biases don't show up in their reporting, I have some oceanfront property available out by Ruthton, home of SDSU *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bag RB Kyle Minnet. The University has done a terrible job in cultivating these folks and whether you like it or not, they should be doing just that.

Does the Chicago media get tough on Northwestern when they lose or do they just not care because they aren't a threat to the pro teams there? Media bias exists whether you want to see it or not.

Top Bottom