Wow...crazy, fun finish to VA and GA Tech game

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Looking forward to having something to cheer about when it counts.

Jeezo-Beezo, get the right coach this time.

Fun To Watch Excellence On Special Teams !!!

Va Tech historically excellent on STs, and tonight, when it counted:

- 2nd to last kickoff - touchback
- last kick return - taken to the house for a game-winning touchdown
- last kickoff - touchback

We can look to the day when our beloved Golden Gophers approach that level of execution and performance.

Special Teams are soooo critical - so critical.

Did you see Blacksburg when they kicked off after the return for TD? Crazy. I think I could have kicked it through the end zone at that point. The entire stadium (at least the half that was shown on-screen) was jumping to whatever music they were pumping. That will be the bank (still want a better nick-name) in the next couple of years.

Saw that too...sounded like they were blasting Enter Sandman, which is what they play when Va Tech players run onto the field before the start of the game. From what I've heard, Lane Stadium is an awesome atmosphere to watch a game, especially a night game.

Did you see Blacksburg when they kicked off after the return for TD? Crazy. I think I could have kicked it through the end zone at that point. The entire stadium (at least the half that was shown on-screen) was jumping to whatever music they were pumping. That will be the bank (still want a better nick-name) in the next couple of years.

I got the chills watching the team entrance and I can confirm that it is even better in person. There are many things to envy about Virginia tech, hopefully we'll have the wheels in motion in a month or less.

Va Tech historically excellent on STs, and tonight, when it counted:

- 2nd to last kickoff - touchback
- last kick return - taken to the house for a game-winning touchdown

We can look to the day when our beloved Golden Gophers approach that level of execution and performance.

Special Teams are soooo critical - so critical.

Special Farces. I mean Special Forces.

Credit to Va Tech. Things really could've turned sour after the first two losses

Funny that Va Tech was able to win some games once they got past Boise and James Madison to some ACC opponents, what a pathetic conference.

I didn't get to watch much of it, I just watched the posession when the GT QB ran the ball 70 yards for a TD. Some say the option isn't exciting, but it looked pretty exciting to me.

Everyone will make a lot out of VT's 7 game win streak. Looking into the numbers, they have 1.5 quality wins: at NC State and last night. Their other games consist of at BC, E. Carolina, C. Michigan, Duke, Wake, and a GT team that lost their QB in the second half. GT would have won by 2 TDs had Nesbitt played in the second half.

Anyone that watched GT rush for 350 yards last night more sanguine about bringing in an option coach?

Special Farces. I mean Special Forces.

I fear our "Special Forces" have turned into the "Very Special Forces" if you know what I mean.

onion_news1569_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

Top Bottom