WMU DT Tyrone Chambers

He stated in an interview that he is committed to PJ Fleck and would follow him anywhere. So hopefully everything checks out and he ends up a Gopher.

Would be a good get. Ole Miss just offered him.

I think it's our thinnest unit on the team (except for DB if the suspensions hold) and it would be nice to have both size and depth on the D-line.

Anyone know what WMU's defensive schemes looked like? One of the things that bugged be a bit about the Claeys/Sawvel scheme is that it employed a lot of stunts which put a ton of responsibility on the LBs to both fill aggressively against the run and drop into coverage against the pass. I thought that was why they were so susceptible to misdirection plays and quick hitters. Claeys and Sawvel know about 1,000,000 more about football defense than I do and their stunts worked enough to make it a decent strategy, but I sure hope we can have a base defense that can match strength on strength consistently.

Would be a nice get. He has offers from Ole Miss, Iowa State, Purdue and Cincinnati.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He probably wants to visit first don't blame him for taking his time.

I have been wondering about scheme too. Pretty well know that we were going to run a lot of 3-4 next year due to roster makeup, but maybe PJF's staff doesn't embrace that?

This dude is massive - Rashede Hageman II at 6' 5", 325 lbs!

The 247 Crystal Ball is predicting a flip to MN. Let's sure hope so. It is a good problem to have lots of depth at DT.

http://247sports.com/player/tyrone-chambers-76207

Hageman was about 250-260 when he graduated HS. He's not even 325 now and he's in his 3rd year in the NFL. If this kid does flip here, I wouldn't be surprised if he moved to the OL because he's already big for a college DT and he hasn't even entered a S&C program yet.

Hageman was about 250-260 when he graduated HS. He's not even 325 now and he's in his 3rd year in the NFL. If this kid does flip here, I wouldn't be surprised if he moved to the OL because he's already big for a college DT and he hasn't even entered a S&C program yet.

Good Points. I have no knowledge of this kid aside from the thread, but I wonder if One could make the argument that being that large, it might be better to trim down, working on speed, agility, and flexibility. Thus, using the same logic and going the other direction.

Although, I also recognize this is more difficult as one needs some fat for the impact.

I always think these guys are better served playing smaller if at all possible. I guess, His situation would have to be unique, as strength gains must be attained to handle the competition, but some ISO (for fast twitch) and Yoga (for muscular length) can minimize the affect of bulk, while adding strength, quickness, and effectiveness.

I recognize this is only theoretical, more just postulating an alternative approach.

Apparently Fleck hasn't given him a call yet. Disappointing because IMO this kid is the best of the WMU bunch and would get me the most excited.

Apparently Fleck hasn't given him a call yet. Disappointing because IMO this kid is the best of the WMU bunch and would get me the most excited.

How do you know that? Not doubting you, just wondering.

Maybe some question about how he'd conform to the new culture and it's oversight?

Prob partly depends on what kind of defense the new D.C. runs though.

Is WMU a difficult school to get into? These kids still gotta get past the U admissions.

Good point- imagine WMU may be a bit more firgiving

He has a Miami (O) offer and that school is probably a tick more difficult to get into than the U.

Miami of Ohio is hard to get into? Who woulda thought?

He just decommited from Western Michigan and opened up his recruiting. Hopefully he chooses us over Ole Miss.

He just decommited from Western Michigan and opened up his recruiting. Hopefully he chooses us over Ole Miss.

I think he will.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/0...an-recruits-to-follow-p-j-fleck-to-minnesota/

“I committed to P.J. Fleck,” said Tyrone Chambers, a three-star defensive tackle who has reopened his recruitment. “I’m willing to follow P.J. Fleck wherever he goes.”

“He always made me feel like I was his No. 1 priority,” Chambers said. “He showed me a lot of love. We had a very close relationship. He was always very loyal to me.”

US news has us eight ticks above that PUBLIC university in OH.

Rivals has Chambers as undecided and interests listed:
Minnesota - High
Mississippi- Med
Toledo - Med
Western Michigan - Med

Top Bottom