With the new additions to the Big Ten conference...

How will your viewing habits change?

• I will watch more B1G sports

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • I will not change my B1G viewing habits

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • I will tune in to B1G sports less

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I will tune out entirely

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
How will your viewing habits change?

Gophers completely, other games check in and out.

Voted for less. As it stands now I don't watch uninteresting matchups, and with the divisions larger and more disparate I will have no interest in watching an Indiana-Maryland game whereas the Indiana-Northwestern type of game it replaced would have been of interest to me.

I don't know. A Indiana , Maryland basketball game seems interesting to me.

this will be the same as the ol baseball AL East and AL West. to me it is still the brewers/yanks/bos/cleve etc.

It just ticks me off that if they Gophers are playing Iowa in football on BTN and I have cable in Fargo I can't watch it because BTN isn't available on cable here. However, people in Baltimore who have cable will get to watch it.

I understand the expansion for money but come on expand over the Red River!

It just ticks me off that if they Gophers are playing Iowa in football on BTN and I have cable in Fargo I can't watch it because BTN isn't available on cable here. However, people in Baltimore who have cable will get to watch it.

I understand the expansion for money but come on expand over the Red River!

or get on your cable company. who is the idiot cable company up there that doesn't carry BTN or give you access to it? sounds like they are not carrying it more out of spite than because of demographics. i guarantee there are many, many people in northwestern minnesota and parts of north dakota that want to be able to watch the gophers on BTN.

or get on your cable company. who is the idiot cable company up there that doesn't carry BTN or give you access to it? sounds like they are not carrying it more out of spite than because of demographics. i guarantee there are many, many people in northwestern minnesota and parts of north dakota that want to be able to watch the gophers on BTN.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Fargo cable company does not include northwestern minnesota and other parts of north dakota.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Fargo cable company does not include northwestern minnesota and other parts of north dakota.

show me the facts. not saying you are right or wrong. but i also know you just like to respond in the contrary to most everything i write. just like your favorite local newspaper columnist. ;)

thanks

show me the facts. not saying you are right or wrong. but i also know you just like to respond in the contrary to most everything i write. just like your favorite local newspaper columnist. ;)

thanks

Let's see what the Fargo guy says he has for a cable company. I don't feel like looking it up.

I absolutely hate the addition of these two team that couldn't be further away from the midwest. However it won't change my viewing habits. I'll only watch their games if the gophers aren't playing or the outcome of their game will effect us somehow.

The cable company in fargo is CableOne I believe.... and they are garbage. Best off with satellite up their in the boonies.

As far as my viewing habits. On saturday the TV is tuned to Big10 football as long as I'm home (pending huge marquee matchup in other conferences), so it's going to stay the same. I don't care who is playing. If I'm home, it's on my TV.

Let's see what the Fargo guy says he has for a cable company. I don't feel like looking it up.

cableone. serves additional cities outside of the city of fargo in both minnesota and no dak. i am confident there are plenty of gopher fans in the cities listed below.

Briarwood
Dilworth
Fargo
Frontier
Highland Park
Moorhead
North River
Oakport
Prairie Rose
Reed Township
West Fargo

cableone. serves additional cities outside of the city of fargo in both minnesota and no dak. i am confident there are plenty of gopher fans in the cities listed below.

Briarwood
Dilworth
Fargo
Frontier
Highland Park
Moorhead
North River
Oakport
Prairie Rose
Reed Township
West Fargo

The point I was trying to make is; what they offer in Dillworth and Moorhead may not be the same as what they offer in Fargo. Unless of course you run a coax cable across the river.

The point I was trying to make is; what they offer in Dillworth and Moorhead may not be the same as what they offer in Fargo. Unless of course you run a coax cable across the river.

It is one and the same. We do have bridges and hi line poles up here, ya know.

Has anyone that doesn't get btn ever thought if getting a sling box or similar device and leaching off a friend or family member?

Has anyone that doesn't get btn ever thought if getting a sling box or similar device and leaching off a friend or family member?

I have a Slingbox hooked up at my dad's house to get my Chicago sports fix. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Yeah I had CableOne and there wasn't a package that had the BTN. It sucked having to go out or go to friends places with DirectTV to watch the Gophers. I cut cable back in March just because of the no BTN so things could have changed since then but I doubt it.

This is how I survived my two years in Fargo.

I am super excited with the additions to the big ten. What i am worried about is less basketball and football games on the BTN if we at more teams.

I am super excited with the additions to the big ten. What i am worried about is less basketball and football games on the BTN if we at more teams.

don't be surprised to see a BTN2 channel started and offered up soon. i have been hearing about the possibility of this for a while. i think BTN2 and expansion of the conference are one in the same.

Top Bottom