With a loss tomorrow, what are the Gophers chances for a bid?

With a loss tomorrow, what are our chances of receiving a bid?

• Total voters

Would have felt a lot more confident if Illinois would have lost, but I still like our chances. I also like our chances to beat Purdue though and become a lock, despite what friends of certain coaches might say.

50/50

Arguments for us in and out. 4 Ws versus RPI top 50 (Wisky, Butler, Mich st, OSU), but at least 4 bad losses. (Portland, Indiana, Michigan twice.)

More quality wins than any other bubble team ahead of us. I would put it at 50-75%.

I think the Gophers deserve a bid. Losing Nolan mid-season and the team is really playing solid basketball late in the season. Much better than Illinois IMO. This is the best the Gophers have looked all year. Hopefully the committee sees Michigan as I do - a horrible match-up problem for the Gophers. Not only that, but conference games are always a grind. No way the Gophers are not in the top 64. Just win tomorrow and we don't have to worry about it...

If these 4 games go our way, I believe we are a 100% lock to make the tourney even if we lose. Luckily for us, we want all the favorites of these matchups to win.

UTEP over Houston
Temple over Rhode Island
Vanderbilt over Mississippi State
Utah State over New Mexico State

UTEP game starts at 10:30 CT, so c'mon guys, let's be big Miner fans in only an hour and some change!!

less then 40%. we have to win today or esle, we are heading to the NIT. no if or what about it. a 20-13 record will not give us a bid to the NCAA. no way, no how.

less then 40%. we have to win today or esle, we are heading to the NIT. no if or what about it. a 20-13 record will not give us a bid to the NCAA. no way, no how.

Thanks for sharing, but you are dead wrong

20-13 will not get us in.

we should have taken care of business in the regular season and did not.

if we would have beaten, Michigan State at home, Purdue at home, Northwestern at Northwestern. we would not be worrying about having to win today to get in.

those 3 loses right there, will come back to hunt us come Sunday if we lose today.

20-13 will not get us in.

we should have taken care of business in the regular season and did not.

if we would have beaten, Michigan State at home, Purdue at home, Northwestern at Northwestern. we would not be worrying about having to win today to get in.

those 3 loses right there, will come back to hunt us come Sunday if we lose today.

What about at Indiana, Texas A&M, Miami FL, those losses didn't matter? Dude, look at the bubble teams were going against. You can all say they have losses they can haunt them. You are not looking at the full picture. Open your eyes

What about at Indiana, Texas A&M, Miami FL, those losses didn't matter? Dude, look at the bubble teams were going against. You can all say they have losses they can haunt them. You are not looking at the full picture. Open your eyes

Who care about the bubble team. i don't care about other bubbble team. will you get out of my face for once. i have a right to say what i want, if you don't like it, then don't have to look at it. it that simple.

wow. you really want to get on my nerve don't you. get out of my face once and for all. Now i know what i need to do. time to put you on ignored. good bye.

FWIW, Hubert Davis and Digger Phelps said Minnesota is a tournament team regardless of today's outcome. Jay Bilas didn't really object, but didn't really say one way or another what he thought.

I look at the Indiana, NW, and Michigan games as the ones that could come back to haunt us. Three bad losses, esp Ind and Mich. IMO, these have really dragged down the season...

A close loss to Texas A&M on a neutral court is not a bad loss. A&M is a top 25 team.

It wasnt a bad loss. I think the argument is that if we would have won that game, we would already be safely in

Who care about the bubble team. i don't care about other bubbble team. will you get out of my face for once. i have a right to say what i want, if you don't like it, then don't have to look at it. it that simple.

wow. you really want to get on my nerve don't you. get out of my face once and for all. Now i know what i need to do. time to put you on ignored. good bye.

I'm not trying to get on your nerves at all. I'm trying to tell you that our chances are alot better than you think.

I think the argument is that if we didn't lose any games we'd be safely in the tourney. Duh.
As far as whiney posters complaining about others getting "in their face" all I can say is if you post emphatic statements (20-13 won't get us in, no way no how), you'd better expect to defend your statement (this is a message board after all).

Hubert Davis, Digger Phelps, and Jay Bilas all picked us to beat Purdue.

Top Bottom