Wisky is tenderizing the 'Cats

Ahhhh.....another classy post from a gopher.

What the hell are you even doing here? You have your own sandbox to play in. In case the name of the site slipped past you, it's intended for Gopher fans.

Ahhhh.....another classy post from a gopher.

Why don't you win a national championship......then win six more and then come talk to us? I know you have been up recently, but guess what, even if the Packers start finishing in last place, no amount of NFC championships or consecutive wins against Green Bay would make the Vikings a better franchise if they never won a Super Bowl.

Just curious what you would have preferred UW to do in that situation? How much would you have criticized the decision if they attempted to kick a field goal and actually put more points on the board? If get the first down on 4th and 5 from the 30, they just kneel down a few times and the game is over.

I would have preferred them not have the starting QB in there throwing the ball with that little time left. I don't know how many other starters were in the game. Run your regular offense, which means running the ball for you guys, but you should have been deep in the bench by then.

They were on the NW 30. Would you have them kick a field goal up by 29 or punt from the 30? They weren't trying to score, they were trying to maintain possession. I assure you that Fitz and his players were in no way offended by this.

Were you really worried that NW was going to come back from 29 down with less than 2 minutes left in the game? Thank you for assuring me that the coaching staff and entire team was in no way offended. I didn't know you were so close to the team.

You know who else was a top duel threat qb Mardquis Gray, heck he went to the elite 11 camp and we all know how that turned out

The difference obviously is Gray never got any worthwhile coaching in college, while Wisconsin has a pretty great track record of taking under-recruited athletes and turning them into stars.

The difference obviously is Gray never got any worthwhile coaching in college, while Wisconsin has a pretty great track record of taking under-recruited athletes and turning them into stars.

The Badgers have been very good for quite a few years now but please, if you're talking about Quarterbacks, the entire country must have missed all those NFL bound QBs coming out of Madison. Or filing out all All American rosters for that matter.

We forgive you though. Just being on this board shows that you get confused easily.

The Badgers have been very good for quite a few years now but please, if you're talking about Quarterbacks, the entire country must have missed all those NFL bound QBs coming out of Madison. Or filing out all All American rosters for that matter. We forgive you though. Just being on this board shows that you get confused easily.

They don't have to be nfl bound to be very good at the college level. We have no leg to stand on to talk trash to Becky from a football aspect. They are a lot better than we are. They are all a bunch ass bags but their football program is much better. If the gophers don't get all Americans and nfl draft picks but we make conference championships and rose bowls I would be jacked.

Originally Posted by MPLSBucky

The Badgers have been very good for quite a few years now but please, if you're talking about Quarterbacks, the entire country must have missed all those NFL bound QBs coming out of Madison. Or filing out all All American rosters for that matter.

We forgive you though. Just being on this board shows that you get confused easily.

They don't have to be nfl bound to be very good at the college level. We have no leg to stand on to talk trash to Becky from a football aspect. They are a lot better than we are. They are all a bunch ass bags but their football program is much better. If the gophers don't get all Americans and nfl draft picks but we make conference championships and rose bowls I would be jacked.

So that's what you got out of reading those two posts? That's rather...astonishing.

Andersen has already landed some really great recruits, like dual threat QBs DJ Gillins from Florida (2014) and Austin Kafentis (2015) from Utah. Looking at the rest of the 2014 list, there are a lot of stars: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/275/class/2014

Also, this weekend was arguably the biggest recruiting weekend in Wisconsin football history. 9 out of state players, including the #1 RB in the country from California, one of the biggest OL recruits from CA, A WR from Virginia, a CB from Texas, a Safety from Florida and a CB from Florida. Link: http://host.madison.com/sports/coll...cle_4f4efeec-0f0c-55db-b314-3efb3e7ff677.html

Not to mention there are already some very talented freshmen and Sophomores in Madison getting playing time. Off the top of my head: Stave, Clement, Erickson, Jacobs, Biegel, McEvoy, Shelton, and Caputo. All saw playing time on Saturday and played well.

sigh... OK, I'll admit it. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to have attended UW-Madison instead of the 'U', especially with all of their Rose Bowl appearances. But when I was in high school, the Badgers were no better than the Gophers in any sport.

sigh... OK, I'll admit it. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to have attended UW-Madison instead of the 'U', especially with all of their Rose Bowl appearances. But when I was in high school, the Badgers were no better than the Gophers in any sport.

Well thank goodness you have the bison, Eagan.

Like lakesgopher said, there's a big difference between a good college QB and a good NFL QB. I agree, Wisconsin isn't exactly QB-U and gets by with average college QBs. Despite that, our first year head coach has gotten 2 highly regarded QBs already. Sure, they could be busts like Gray was, but that's probably more on the Gophers program failing to develop him than him being bad himself. Wisconsin senior QBs are usually pretty good, as the program does a good job of "coaching people up".

Top Bottom