Wisconsin Segment on ESPN

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
Did anyone else see the segment they did on the Badgers, more specifically Bielema and Tolzien, and their interaction with the young kid that has cancer? While it appeared to be touching and caring, I am not certain that I am really buying into it. Let's not forget, these are badgers.

First, when Bielema got all choked up over the kid's cancer I hit the rewind on the old DVR and in the lower left hand part of the screen I saw a bucket of onions. It was pretty staged. While I am not accusing anyone of anything I will say that this would not be the first time parents had their kid fake cancer or a balloon ride to get attention. Would not be surprised if this was just a stunt to get attention (let's face I am probably the best person on this board to recognize that sort of thing). Anyone else find it odd that we didn't hear directly from a doctor or see actual medical records? Before you get all choked up about this, just take a step back and remind yourself who we are dealing with.

I am also bothered by the fact that one of our players is dealing with cancer, so the badgers have to try and trump us. Typical Bielema.

I am also bothered by the fact that one of our players is dealing with cancer, so the badgers have to try and trump us. Typical Bielema.

Of all the things you said (which was gold, BTW), this was the best line.

Buckin' Fadgers..

It premiered on gameday last week. Tolzein likes playing with little boys.

I'm a South Park man. humor can be made of anything. Sick Kid is all better now though.

MNBadgerGuy and gopherbadgerman, you guys just plain suck. How about you choose a team (I'll give you a hint, it's where you did your undergrad at). You can't be a Gopher fan and like the badgers. You don't see any monikers, "JewNazi" on the HolocaustSurvivors.com message board do you? And yes, I am comparing the badgers to the Nazis.

MNBadgerGuy and gopherbadgerman, you guys just plain suck. How about you choose a team (I'll give you a hint, it's where you did your undergrad at). You can't be a Gopher fan and like the badgers. You don't see any monikers, "JewNazi" on the HolocaustSurvivors.com message board do you? And yes, I am comparing the badgers to the Nazis.

Good one! Not sure where you got the idea that I'm a gopher fan, I believe I've made it pretty clear that I'm a UW fan (undergrad, grew up in MN but the school and athletic department wasn't for me). I'm not the kind of guy who gets a moniker like "GoGophers" and pretends to be a U fan just to look like there is turmoil in the fanbase (though there is).

As for Gopherfan75, thats preposterous. I assume you are talking about the U of M kids who were hit on the side of I90 by a Wisconsin resident? Since there was a tragic death that happened in Wisconsin caused by a Wisconsin resident means the University of Wisconsin - Madison is classless? What a ridiculous assertion. But, whatever makes you feel better I guess.

Good one! Not sure where you got the idea that I'm a gopher fan, I believe I've made it pretty clear that I'm a UW fan (undergrad, grew up in MN but the school and athletic department wasn't for me). I'm not the kind of guy who gets a moniker like "GoGophers" and pretends to be a U fan just to look like there is turmoil in the fanbase (though there is).

As for Gopherfan75, thats preposterous. I assume you are talking about the U of M kids who were hit on the side of I90 by a Wisconsin resident? Since there was a tragic death that happened in Wisconsin caused by a Wisconsin resident means the University of Wisconsin - Madison is classless? What a ridiculous assertion. But, whatever makes you feel better I guess.

Hmmmm.... No, but apparently you're the kind of "fan" who spends inordinate amounts of time on another team's message boards, even though it's two weeks after the game with the Gophers?

Really?

Badger fans still frequenting this board two weeks later, Please, Lord, tell me there's more to your life than what appears? There has to be, doesn't there?

Every college FB team does things for kids with issues. sconnie and enema aren't the only one who do things for kids who have illnesses.

This is a stupid thread and I won't get back the five minutes that I spent reading it. Can't we do something more productive like get back to ripping on Weber or questioning why Henderson is too much of a sugar-tit to hit someone and make a tackle?

'You can't be a Gopher fan and like the badgers. You don't see any monikers, "JewNazi" on the HolocaustSurvivors.com message board do you? And yes, I am comparing the badgers to the Nazis' - Very good. That has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board. It felt good to laugh that hard.

I like Badger Football and Gopher Basketball. Last I checked this is a free country, and I can be a fan of whoever i want. I also had the pleasure of meeting the late Jim Wacker many times at the U of M during my time there, and thought he was a wonderful man, so there is a spot in my heart for the Gopher FB program as well.

I am also a big fan of Nebraska football and Syracuse basketball, so I guess I just dont get as worked up about things.
I do think this board is entertaining though. My favorite time is the beginning of the year when everyone says how great the team looks, how fast and strong they are and so forth, even though most of the team has never made a meaningful contribution on the field. Those posts always get me through the tough days...

I like Badger Football and Gopher Basketball. Last I checked this is a free country, and I can be a fan of whoever i want. I also had the pleasure of meeting the late Jim Wacker many times at the U of M during my time there, and thought he was a wonderful man, so there is a spot in my heart for the Gopher FB program as well.

I am also a big fan of Nebraska football and Syracuse basketball, so I guess I just dont get as worked up about things.
I do think this board is entertaining though. My favorite time is the beginning of the year when everyone says how great the team looks, how fast and strong they are and so forth, even though most of the team has never made a meaningful contribution on the field. Those posts always get me through the tough days...

Yes, it is a free country. Therefore, the government cannot tell you who to root for. Great argument. Personally, I hope that anyone who ever roots for the Badgers and tries to pass themselves as a Gopher fan, gets anally gang raped. Have a nice day.

Re: raped

In addtiion to various profanity, did you also learn about anal gang rape "flying in the Air Force"?

Dude, you have some serious issues.

My favorite is this line: "Would not be surprised if this was just a stunt to get attention"

Really? The guy who faked his own death on an internet message board is calling out people for faking things to get attention? Amazing.

Yes, it is a free country. Therefore, the government cannot tell you who to root for. Great argument. Personally, I hope that anyone who ever roots for the Badgers and tries to pass themselves as a Gopher fan, gets anally gang raped. Have a nice day.

Great response. Its posts like this that really bring this message board to a whole new level.

My favorite is this line: "Would not be surprised if this was just a stunt to get attention"

Really? The guy who faked his own death on an internet message board is calling out people for faking things to get attention? Amazing.

Feel free to finish the quote: (let's face I am probably the best person on this board to recognize that sort of thing)

Or is it not socially acceptable to finish quotes?

Great response. Its posts like this that really bring this message board to a whole new level.

Yup, he sure classes up the board. Gotta thank Gopherhole for letting him back on here. Is it all about the site hits?

Hmmmm.... No, but apparently you're the kind of "fan" who spends inordinate amounts of time on another team's message boards, even though it's two weeks after the game with the Gophers?

Really?

Badger fans still frequenting this board two weeks later, Please, Lord, tell me there's more to your life than what appears? There has to be, doesn't there?

Yep, all I have in my life is gopher football. I dont work, eat, or sleep, I just spend inordinate amounts of time on this message board.

Someday, if it ever happens, and the gophers have a better than decent season, I'll STILL be perusing the gopher hole a few times a week. I'm a B10 football fan, grew up in MN, and consider the gophers to be my number one rival. I have an interest in the U, and there is constant hilarity on the Hole. And occasionally there is decent football talk. Why does it bother you so much?

Either way, not sure why I waste time responding to you. Some on this board have this crazy envy/jealousy thing going with Wisconsin and for some reason "hate" everything Wisconsin. Yet, I'm apparently the one with no life because I follow B10 football. D'ohkay.

How does a guy have a message board mean so much to him that he fakes his own death on it, suggest that other posters have nothing going on in their social lives?

Anyway, I'm off to go remove all foreign languages from my head because they may not be the official language of the world's most powerful military, thus rendering them completely useless - at least in the minds of The Holes favorite plane steward. Nobody does a finer job of delivering pillows to the man in seat 7A.

How does a guy have a message board mean so much to him that he fakes his own death on it, suggest that other posters have nothing going on in their social lives?

Anyway, I'm off to go remove all foreign languages from my head because they may not be the official language of the world's most powerful military, thus rendering them completely useless - at least in the minds of The Holes favorite plane steward. Nobody does a finer job of delivering pillows to the man in seat 7A.

When Tipsy, Lloyd and I planned the whole fake death thing, we discussed how it would play out. We thought there would be people who would get the gag and those who would not, but eventually would not care. Then we knew that there would be those that would never be able to let it go, which is the group we targeted. I find it quite amazing, that some people just can't let go.

There were posts asking us to come back, which mentioned how much better the board was with us compared to without us, so we did. Greater than 90% of the people here moved on, regardless of their opinion on the matter. Then there's you, who just can't move on. You'll do your best not get angry over my future posts. You will try to not respond, but you won't be able to. You lack self control. You will tell yourself not to respond, but just like Charlie Weiss trying to resist an entire sheet cake and pound a gallon of milk, you will lose out to your emotions and post.

Why would I do that, I like responding to your posts and see no need to stop. I like that it bothers you so much. I like pointing out your unfathomably toolish behavior.

I mean seriously. Grown men getting together to discuss an internet posting strategy? And then one of these same people tells others they have no social life? It's great. Why would I drop that?

I am almost done revising my 500-word essay. Oh wait, was that due yesterday? Can you extend the due date please?

Top Bottom