Winfield

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
What a game by the freshmen. Bright future for him and many of the 2016 class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Him, Martin, Coughlin, Devers......And we haven't even scratched the surface on Barber, Durr and Thomas. What a defensive class.

I really like him, he's going to be a good one. Devers was really missed today, the pass rush was abysmal without him.

I truly believe he'll end up being one of the best ever DBs for us. His coverage skills were great, he always seemed to be right there with the receiver. He also tackled great. If you didn't know who 11 was, you would have thought he was a senior or something. Heck, he played alot better than Myrick. Myrick did ok, but I expect so much more from him.

I really like him, he's going to be a good one. Devers was really missed today, the pass rush was abysmal without him.

I really believe that if Devers was healthy today, he would have gotten one or two sacs. So many times the D-Line was only one step slow in getting to the QB. I even think part of the game plan was for the D-Line to stay around and protect the run instead of rushing the QB.

I really believe that if Devers was healthy today, he would have gotten one or two sacs. So many times the D-Line was only one step slow in getting to the QB. I even think part of the game plan was for the D-Line to stay around and protect the run instead of rushing the QB.

Mcsorely did a really good job of getting rid of the ball. I think on most QB's, we definitely would have registered a few sacks with how we played today.

Might be the most impressive game I've seen a db freshman have in a gopher uniform

Really looks like he should be starting at this point.

He played so well that Ayinde should never left the locker room, however, we kept sitting AWjr11
and putting in Ayinde. Coincidentally, it was during PSU's biggest plays. They didn't have many
if any big plays with Winfield in there.

He played so well that Ayinde should never left the locker room, however, we kept sitting AWjr11
and putting in Ayinde. Coincidentally, it was during PSU's biggest plays. They didn't have many
if any big plays with Winfield in there.

This

Kid was awesome yesterday, good to see.

Burned RS

I thought the pass rush was pretty good in the first half, but poor in the second half. I was wondering whether it was fatigue, or an injury, or a schematic adjustment that took away the pressure.

Oregon Gopher said:
Might be the most impressive game I've seen a db freshman have in a gopher uniform

The greatest game ever by a Gophers freshman DB had to be Tyrone Carter against Syracuse in '96.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl54ii5ovD0

Winfield reminded me a lot of how Tyrone Carter was, always around the ball, always shedding tackles and hitting people when he was on the field. We are very lucky that Antoine Winfield jr chose to be a Gopher. Like father like son, he will not be stopped on the football field.

We probably win the game with Devers, Poock, and another cornerback.

Top Bottom