Williams or Mr.Williams

mrnewguy

Reaction score
Normally I read the posts on Gopher hole some good some bad, but never ever reply or make threads, but I feel this one deserves a thread. So this past week I was in Orlando, Fl for a contractors meeting with a huge builder named D.R Horton who is the biggest builder in the (state of Florida) studying the new way of building homes and energy efficiency.
(Getting to the point) Well it was a group of 30 people there to learn the process, so as I’m sitting down drinking my coffee and listening too formal introductions in comes the room a group of three men dressed in suites, but only one caught my eye because he towered over the entire room and introduced himself as Jonathan Williams. I was in shock, WOW! I'm getting a lesson from a former gopher basketball player, huh? but the CRAZY thing was he spoke in crazy confidence and blew the entire room away with his knowledge of energy efficiency, I would have never thought in a million years Williams would be at this level of business his first year out of college. (So confused) So after the meeting I went up to him and talked to him a little, asking him about himself, but not letting him know that I knew he was but I did say something that I’m sure he has heard before "man you should have been a basketball player," he chuckled and said he was and played ball in Minnesota and some pro ball in Uruguay. The thing I ask him that I could not understand was how he gained such a high position in the business of construction SO DAMN SOON, I mean this is not physical labor construction, but business construction a job I would kill for at 34. He was surrounded be engineers and people that spent years in college to learn this stuff, he told me (quote) " my uncle had made me learn and study the information of his business for years, basketball's not always forever." I mean the kid really has grown up he looked to be slimmer to. After the meeting we walked to his office and exchanged business cards, where I meet his fiancé and 3 month old daughter.
I have to say that I was very impressed and just thought that everyone should know that out of some of the bad that posted on Gopher hole about some former and current players there are some out there making gopher nation proud that we may not expect.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Go Gophers!!

Good for Big Jon. I'm pursuing a similar career, I should give him a call and get some pointers

Great story. Clearly one of the best "first posts" I've had the priviledge of reading. We've needed some feel good news around here.

its good to see the player formerly known as "creature" is doing well

Top Bottom