Will Willie be drafted?

MinnMarchDTF

Musical Magician
Reaction score
I don't know how his measurables compare to other NFL DE's. Does he have a shot at a late round or free agent?

I would think a 5th - 7th round choice, but at that time it would be better for him if he went the UDFA route.

I think he will have to test fairly well to be drafted. I agree with calminnfan, he should be a 6th-7th rounder.

I too doubt he'd be drafted until late. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone take a flyer on him in the 5th-7th round just because he's been productive in the Big Ten. Looking at nfldraftscout.com, he's ranked as the 26th-best DE and runs a 4.82 40, listed at 6-foot-3 1/2 and 256 pounds.

walterfootball.com (idk if that's even a reliable source) has him ranked 24th.

I think if he runs a decent 40 (under 4.80), he will get drafted. I would assume he'll run under that after working out for the combine/pro day. One thing he has going for him is Greg White was doing well last time I checked.

Would love to see him get drafted but ,my guess he is a free agent.

I would be suprised if he isnt drafted.

I think WVS will get drafted and would be suprised if he isnt taken. He will be a 6th or 7th round pick but he has good but not great tools but has the motor most teams are looking for in a backup DE. He is a guy that gets picked and hangs around in the NFL for a while. He maybe would also because of size fit in some as a 3-4 OLB as a situational pass rusher.

I've seen mocks that have him going late in round 2 (Titans), but most of the mocks I've seen have him in the 4-7 range. Other than QB, a pass-rushing DE is the hardest position to fill, so that's definitely going to help him.

Top Bottom